Bambo and the Ref

Ref shafted us at the end of the first half. Poor

defending when on the ropes but had the sense the whole team was wondering why they were still playing into 50 mins. 

Diaby made some well timed big tackles for the cameras but I always feel he plays like an individual in a defence 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I am not a Bambo fan. 

But I thought he was OK first half v Leeds. But.... second half he was out of position a couple of times and it seems when opposition get on top he panics. This causes pressure on other defenders. With the Squad we have.. +

as I keep saying..... 

Iorfa - Ihiekwe - Bernard  best we have 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Both had good games.

So good that they took him off. 

Bamboo and Famewo are both honest triers neither is good enough for this level. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bluesteel. said:

defending when on the ropes but had the sense the whole team was wondering why they were still playing into 50 mins. 

Diaby made some well timed big tackles for the cameras but I always feel he plays like an individual in a defence 

The back line never look as comfortable as a unit when he plays, he seems to pass players on all the time without taking responsibility.  Just my opinion of course.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

Don’t forget the time shown by the 4th official is the minimum time. The ref could also have said there’s, say , 4 minutes 45 seconds still to play so 4 minutes gets displayed 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

Don't be daft. Goal went in at 49:15.

It's a minimum of 4 minutes. The amount of time Rodon was down for and inordinate amount of time it takes us to take a goal kick each time, I'm not surprised he added it on.

It was just poor defending

Edited by Supersiggi2
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

He didn't. The 4 minutes extra time is the minimum not an exact figure. If the ref reckons there's 4min 45 seconds extra time the board shows 4 minutes.

• Love 1

54 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

That's like saying the ref shafted Peterborough in the play offs.

You keep playing until the whistle is blown. No excuses to switch off.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Supersiggi2 said:

Don't be daft. Goal went in at 49:15.

It's a minimum of 4 minutes. The amount of time Rodon was down for and inordinate amount of time it takes us to take a goal kick each time, I'm not surprised he added it on.

It was just poor defending

Totally

We had possession of the ball twice - Palmer and Valentin - both of them shat the bed and gave it away in quick succession 

Completely ourselves to blame for not seeing out that half 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

There are always certain players that cause panic in defence by their poor positioning, inability to read the game, diving into tackles etc…what we wouldn’t give for a Glen Loovens in his pomp right now.🙄

• Like 2

Diaby was ok it was Famewo that worried me.

We need a back three of Iorfa, Ihiekwe and Bernard with Vaulks shielding them next game.

That lineup has proved itself recently, can’t understand why it was changed last night.

If we were already safe, I'd strongly endorse us playing Bambo at fullback for sh*TS and giggles.

Like when we had Reda at left back.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, prowl said:

He didn't. The 4 minutes extra time is the minimum not an exact figure. If the ref reckons there's 4min 45 seconds extra time the board shows 4 minutes.

It's reyt, and even if it was 4 minutes maximum, they can't blow during an attacking phase of play which they'd pinned us into before 49.

• Like 2