Bambo and the Ref

1 hour ago, SHUowl said:

It's reyt, and even if it was 4 minutes maximum, they can't blow during an attacking phase of play which they'd pinned us into before 49.

Is this true? Didn’t work for RM and Bellingham the other day.

• Like 1

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

4 hours ago, Bramhall Owl said:

Don’t forget the time shown by the 4th official is the minimum time. The ref could also have said there’s, say , 4 minutes 45 seconds still to play so 4 minutes gets displayed 

It’s a good job it is a minimum or we would still be in L1 lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

5 hours ago, Bramhall Owl said:

Don’t forget the time shown by the 4th official is the minimum time. The ref could also have said there’s, say , 4 minutes 45 seconds still to play so 4 minutes gets displayed 

I know it’s a minimum but where did the time come from?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, SiJ said:

That's like saying the ref shafted Peterborough in the play offs.

You keep playing until the whistle is blown. No excuses to switch off.

Peterborough did feel that way.

Yes you do need to defend it which we didn’t. We seemed to have expected the whistle as we got lax but it’s all part of the equation. The ball had been cleared into the middle of the pitch a few times after the 4 mins. 

5 hours ago, Supersiggi2 said:

Don't be daft. Goal went in at 49:15.

It's a minimum of 4 minutes. The amount of time Rodon was down for and inordinate amount of time it takes us to take a goal kick each time, I'm not surprised he added it on.

It was just poor defending

How much time is added for a goal then because the whistle went pretty much right after KO. Semantics but ref makes it up 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

"Bambo and the Ref"

Sounds like an Enid Blyton number 

Believe I saw this at the ABC Angel St in 1978. Burt Reynolds and a flirty kangaroo. The car chases were awesome.

Not sure what it has to do with L**ds at home though. 

D04E910E-4A5E-41E8-87C3-77FF279B8AC8.jpeg

CEF0F87E-713E-4CB6-B2DA-120905C8F887.jpeg

On 09/03/2024 at 08:46, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Bambo may have appeared to have had an Ok game on the face of it , but part of the reason they got in behind various times , he’s also a defender who creates panic at times , I don’t think his team mates will prefer him to ikky put it that way . Back to ikky Bernard and iorfa for Ipswich please ….

in terms of the ref thought he was poor , played more than 4 minutes and should have blown before the cross.( poor defending from us I know ) and then he gave too many soft fouls , which is not what modern referees should be doing . Not the worst we’ve had but far from the best 

The ref had a  good game. It is a minimum of 4 minutes. By your logic, the ref should have blown up before our goals against Peterborough and Barnsley.

Edited by sexpistol

1 hour ago, sexpistol said:

Er two Leeds players were down for a while. I was expecting 5 or 6 mins tbh.

I watched the time on the scoreboard. Less than 3 minutes elapsed between the ref stopping play and the restart.

2 hours ago, sexpistol said:

The ref had a  good game. It is a minimum of 4 minutes. By your logic, the ref should have blown up before our goals against Peterborough and Barnsley.

yeah potentially so either way he gave some soft free kicks which were poor . 

On 09/03/2024 at 16:09, Striggy said:

Is this true? Didn’t work for RM and Bellingham the other day.

Yes, referees are coached to hold the half and full time whistles until the ball is in a "safe area", i.e. no one is about to score.  No idea what the referee in the Madrid game was thinking, that was suicidal.

29 minutes ago, SouthRustyOwl said:

Yes, referees are coached to hold the half and full time whistles until the ball is in a "safe area", i.e. no one is about to score.  No idea what the referee in the Madrid game was thinking, that was suicidal.

That’s a general guide but definitely not always the case.

yes if  a team has a corner and there’s say 10 seconds left on the refs watch then it a a fair bet he will allow the corner and the subsequent immediate action to happen before blowing but if the subsequent action is the conceding of say another corner then he should blow for half time then

On 10/03/2024 at 12:06, sexpistol said:

Er two Leeds players were down for a while. I was expecting 5 or 6 mins tbh.

Yes the usual Leeds players colinding at Hillsborough

• Haha 1

On 09/03/2024 at 13:40, Blatter said:

Diaby was ok it was Famewo that worried me.

We need a back three of Iorfa, Ihiekwe and Bernard with Vaulks shielding them next game.

That lineup has proved itself recently, can’t understand why it was changed last night.

Agree. If you look at just the brief ITV highlights, you can see several bad errors by Diaby, likeable though his effort is. . He does not foresee anything, he is slow when surprised,  and  his feet are not good enough when challenging for the ball so loses possession he ought to win , although he does put in the odd good tackle. He is a real trier of course. As for Famewo, he has always been very average, and not sharp enough , although re both goals , Johnson was over extended and out of position and not where you would expect a  left back to be.

DR had reasons to hold back Vaulks and Ihiekwe, but both of them at the same time ?  ( he thought both were showing signs of physical problems) But to hold back Iorfa as well meant we had a weak defence against a very good team

and to protect the defence , an undermanned midfield with Palmer drafted in,  and with the two wide men contributing very little defensively,  the defence was always likely to slip up. 

I know Poveda was a big miss but I am afraid that manager and players  messed up in several ways on Friday ,