58 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Jos?

I think Monk was worse...Jos had a squad of u21's he had to play due to injuries for a long while if I remember rightly but,no excuses they were both shocking for us Xisco,Monk,Jos in that order...imo...

UTO....

3 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

I think Monk was worse...Jos had a squad of u21's he had to play due to injuries for a long while if I remember rightly but,no excuses they were both shocking for us Xisco,Monk,Jos in that order...imo...

UTO....

Monk had a squad that wasn't getting paid

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Django said:

Guided us to out highest place in the pyramid since 2000 (3rd at Christmas 2019) until it all mysteriously fell off a cliff 

It was a remarkable fall, still can't understand it. Yes wages but shouldn't have derailed the whole season.

3 hours ago, Pete Zarhutt said:

He froze out Hutch (odd) & Westwood (possibly the right decicsion), but still got us to 5th in the league just before Xmas 2019....then the players didn't get paid, there was the Boxing Day disaster at Stoke and...........you know the rest.

I don't think Monk was anywhere near as bad as he was made out to be. And I do wonder if DC brought him in with one eye on an upcoming points deduction, given he kept Birmingham up after they had 9 points takjen off. Pulis was not an upgrade & hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I do think if we'd stuck with Monk, we'd have stayed up.

Fair play & good luck to him at The Abbey.

Just wondered what Westwood was up to and seems he's recently signed a short term deal at Crewe. Shame how he left us, he was a top keeper and our best in a long time. Need someone of his ability long term as our keeper at some point.

• Like 3

Think Monk is a decent manager despite what happened here, but I'm not a big fan of his style of play and the entertainment factor.

Manages a bit like he played, good solid scrappy pro. He's probably more suited to lower league football, think he will keep them up.

• Like 3

To be fair to Monk, we've hardly had a manager work out at this level, in 24 years.

Carlos for 2 seasons, Laws and Gray because the bar was pretty low. After that I'm struggling.

15 minutes ago, Mr Meadows said:

How do these failures, manage to get work

theres lots of qualified coaches out there that don’t get a sniff 

How many managers succeed? Even if they do in one job, they've usually failed somewhere else, at some point.

• Like 1

Good luck to him, wasnt a good fit for us, but then at the time I doubt ANYONE would have been a good fit for us.

I wasnt sorry to see him gone, not in the slightest but unlike Jos, Pulis, Xisco and Cabbage head I dont think he could have done more than he did with us.

• Like 1

I don't understand why people make excuses for him. He was a ******** awful manager, a ******** awful appointment. He's done fizz all anywhere and comes across as a total ********. Doubtless he will crash and burn at Cambridge too.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, George said:

I don't understand why people make excuses for him. He was a ******** awful manager, a ******** awful appointment. He's done fizz all anywhere and comes across as a total ********. Doubtless he will crash and burn at Cambridge too.

Managed Swansea to 8th in Prem and in Europe. 

• Like 3

I thought that Monk was a truly awful manager for us, topped only by the clueless Xisco at the outset of this season, however what he said to the media on his appointment at Cambridge was very telling:

"the thing I was really conscious about was trying to find an opportunity with a bit of stability in the ownership, that has a plan in their mind of where they want to go, but a realistic plan as well"

SELL UP AND SOD OFF CHANSIRI.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, swfc-dan said:

Just wondered what Westwood was up to and seems he's recently signed a short term deal at Crewe. Shame how he left us, he was a top keeper and our best in a long time. Need someone of his ability long term as our keeper at some point.

Yes, I noticed Westwood on the bench for Crewe.

I would think, at 39, he's just helping them out and who knows, having been out of the game for a while, the wage may come in handy too.

• Haha 1

At fault for the biggest and most frustrating capitulation in memory. 4th after Boxing day losing to Stoke, finished that season 16th.

Didn't have a clue, woeful