John Eustace Sacked

It's all about raising the profile of Birmingham City. 

Has little to do with whether Wayne Rooney is a good coach or not, which his time in the MLS (14 wins in 57 games or something) suggests not. 

They've now got Wayne Rooney as manager and Tom Brady as a minority shareholder or something. 

I'm pretty sure the latter will have had little to nothing to do with this latest decision. From what I understand, these high profile celeb shareholders are usually just there as figureheads and profile raises. They often get a minority shareholding at a nice price so their name can be attached to the project. Bit like Michael B Jordan at Bournemouth. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lukeyswfc said:

Rumours are they’re paying him 3x the wage of Eustace.

Not sure what the plan is, does Rooney really raise the profile?

Not when they start losing games he won’t.

He's a big name over the pond, certainly in football terms.

And, you know full well the likes of Sky etc., will up their interest in Brum with him as manager.

Get ready for Wayne Rooney's Birmingham City.

• Like 3

You know it's now going to be  "Wayne Rooney's Birmingham"  every time Birmingham are mentioned.

I don't think he has ever done anything in management that makes me think he will ever be successful.

Hope they end up Wayne Rooney's mediocre Birmingham 

Edited by thesouthowl

Watched his DC team over here both on telly and live. They really were not fantastic at all.

Beyond "find Benteke", they struggled once Lewis O'Brien's loan ended. They had a defined shape in and out of possession, but struggled when it came to finding actual footballing solutions.

They have a decent academy setup by US standards, but their [relative] historical success means that will be expected to compete every season.

To summarise. He was probably out of his depth tactically here. So why Birmingham are expecting him to be a success is beyond me.

• Like 1

On 09/10/2023 at 17:20, alanharper said:

Sacked an over performing manager doing a good job, in favour of a big name with no decent managerial track record.

Because it worked out so well for them last time when they binned Rowett for Zola. 

57 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Was it Birmingham who sacked someone, whilst doing well, and appointed Zola before freefalling down the table?