Has He Gone Yet ??

I agree with every word:

40 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

I'm surprised.

I thought I'd wake up this morning to a Club Statement released at 3am.

We need to cut the cord now, to give us the best possible chance to survive. It simply isn't going to work, and the players body language after the game is testament to that. They look like they've had the life sucked out of them.

I'd be on the phone to Carlos now; give him the opportunity he has publicly stated he'd willingingly accept, and come and save the club. He could be in place by Saturday to manage against the club he supported as a boy.

Easy win for Chansiri; get fans back on side (temporarily). We're doomed...but someone with an affinity to the club, an ability to galvanise supporters, has successfully worked with the chairman previously and more importantly, a very good track record in this division.

Not claiming it to be the ideal appointment; but we'll need to be pragmatic. We cannot afford for another manager to come in and spend weeks sorting his poo out.

11 minutes ago, pussface said:

Xisco needs to go, but Carlos isn’t the answer, not with out transfer budget.

I accept Carlos won't be everybody's preference. In an ideal world, he wouldn't be mine but needs must; we need pragmatism.

However, I can't understand where you're coming from regards the transfer budget? I can only assume its based on solely his last stint with us, and not looking over his career.

Since leaving us, he's managed sides with moderately low expectations, with very modest transfer budgets in relation to their divisional rivals.

In fact, since leaving us, he's only spent more than €1m on three players, all whilst at Braga, where he qualified for Europe, and got to two cup finals, more than competing with the powerhouses in Portuguese football.

In his last job, he prevented Celta Vigo from relegation, whilst operating under strict financial restrictions; brining in only two players...one free transfer and one loan.

Carlos is a coach, who improves players, and adapts systems to what he's got. He's not a manager who needs players to be brought in to adapt a particular philosophy. Of course, if he can bring players in, he will. But, I'm convinced, even without any additions to this squad, Carlos would get us performing at a higher level, on a more consistent basis.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Mole said:

I think if we had lost last night, that would have been it. 

I also think that last night has bought him a stay of execution of one, maybe two matches, and if we lose those, he will be gone. 

I reckon anything less than 4 points from the next three games and he’s toast.

• Like 1