Has He Gone Yet ??

1 hour ago, Owls Loyal said:

Sorry to disappoint you, Dutch McLovin.

XM is hapless and should clearly have gone by now.

Buit Chansiri is clueless and dawdles over dismissals just as he dawdles over appointments.

Dawdle.

What a great (and rarely used) word.

A narcissistic, egotistical, over-sensitive dawdler, absolutely sums him up.

• Like 1

You have got to realise it's not working and get rid, giving him another game is just delaying the inevitable.

20% possession V Southampton + 1 shot on target

28% possession V Hull + 2 shots on target

53% possession V Preston + 3 shots on target

41% possession V Cardiff + 2 shots on target

33% possession V Leeds + 5 shots on target

48% possession V Ipswich + 0 shots on target

38% possession V Middlesbrough + 2 shots on target

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, SheffWed said:

You have got to realise it's not working and get rid, giving him another game is just delaying the inevitable.

Someone get on the blower to the Ginger Mourinho, what's he doing these days?

s-l400.jpg

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

I accept Carlos won't be everybody's preference. In an ideal world, he wouldn't be mine but needs must; we need pragmatism.

However, I can't understand where you're coming from regards the transfer budget? I can only assume its based on solely his last stint with us, and not looking over his career.

Since leaving us, he's managed sides with moderately low expectations, with very modest transfer budgets in relation to their divisional rivals.

In fact, since leaving us, he's only spent more than €1m on three players, all whilst at Braga, where he qualified for Europe, and got to two cup finals, more than competing with the powerhouses in Portuguese football.

In his last job, he prevented Celta Vigo from relegation, whilst operating under strict financial restrictions; brining in only two players...one free transfer and one loan.

Carlos is a coach, who improves players, and adapts systems to what he's got. He's not a manager who needs players to be brought in to adapt a particular philosophy. Of course, if he can bring players in, he will. But, I'm convinced, even without any additions to this squad, Carlos would get us performing at a higher level, on a more consistent basis.

Carlos inherited one of the fittest squads in the league, by the time he left the entire first team was injured, we had wasted millions on squad fillers and the club has never recovered since.

if Carlos returns it will be shortly followed by SwFc ceasing to exist - I dont want him anywhere near the football club.

There are many good managers out there that would be getting better results with this squad of players, its just Xisco is clearly clueless, he made 5 or 6 changes every game, the only certain starters are Vasquez, Delgado and Bannan and the first 2 have shown nothing to say they are any better than others in the squad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, SheffWed said:

That's bad.

In anyone's book, that's bad.

Elephant.png.f34338d2bc7815b1129a7c30771612e7.png

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SheffWed said:

I think the big issue is the 5-4-1 formation should we win the ball we have 9 men defending and no decent hold up striker to play the ball too.

We have too many players not in their correct position and the balls across the back line last night nearly cost us numerous times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, frastheowl said:

I accept Carlos won't be everybody's preference. In an ideal world, he wouldn't be mine but needs must; we need pragmatism.

I realise some fans still carry a flame for Carlos and would have him back in a heartbeat, but many others thought he was a busted flush who failed to make the most of a large and well funded squad. He would be a very polarising appointment.

And there's the problem. A bit like Darren Moore, there would be a group of fans who were bitterly opposed to his appointment and who would continually look for any reason to criticise. 

• Like 1

Just now, Django said:

How bad does it have to get for him to be moved on 

There’s no way we suddenly find some form and fly up the league under this manager 

The only way we're going is down yonder

38% possession, at home, against the league's bottom club??????

I tell thee, Django, never, in the history of the game, has any team reeked of relegation more than this one.

We're dead as mutton.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I tell thee, Django, never, in the history of the game, has any team reeked of relegation more than this one.

We're dead as mutton.

The problem is that with every passing day under this chairman we get more and more of a joke, and as Leyton Palmer said earlier in the summer, no manager worth his salt will want to come here 

That’s why I remain convinced that Carlos will be back soon on a deal until the summer 

Edited by Django
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

We're dead as mutton.

Absolutely. I'm seriously regretting not lumping on at 5/1 to go down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

I don’t think we’ve ever had a manager more out of his depth. I include the awful Jos in that. Just reading that James, Vaulks and Ikiekwe aren’t injured, Xisco just chose not to have them in the squad last night. fizz me. 

Ihiekwe and Vaulks are nowhere near good enough either. James I’d have in the matchday squad at least 

32 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Chansiri said, when talking about the reason Moore left, that he considered his position twice last season - hence he wasn't prepared to meet his contract demands.

Based on that, Xisco must be a dead man walking.

But then it's Chansiri talking, so who knows...

It is when not if he is sacked. I am hoping that DC has actually started process of looking for a replacement. He must be aware this chap is useless.

3 hours ago, frastheowl said:

I'm surprised.

I thought I'd wake up this morning to a Club Statement released at 3am.

We need to cut the cord now, to give us the best possible chance to survive. It simply isn't going to work, and the players body language after the game is testament to that. They look like they've had the life sucked out of them.

I'd be on the phone to Carlos now; give him the opportunity he has publicly stated he'd willingingly accept, and come and save the club. He could be in place by Saturday to manage against the club he supported as a boy.

Easy win for Chansiri; get fans back on side (temporarily). We're doomed...but someone with an affinity to the club, an ability to galvanise supporters, has successfully worked with the chairman previously and more importantly, a very good track record in this division.

Not claiming it to be the ideal appointment; but we'll need to be pragmatic. We cannot afford for another manager to come in and spend weeks sorting his poo out.

These players would suit Carlos thinking about it. Gregory in Hooper link up role , Smith in Fletcher role, Pol and Palmer in Hunt and Wallace positions, Johnson and James on the left, Bannan with Byers in Lee role I could go on but cant be arsed to type any more. Obviously not as good players but it would be better than this horror show we are watching

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

That's bad.

In anyone's book, that's bad.

Elephant.png.f34338d2bc7815b1129a7c30771612e7.png

Not to mention the fact that we very almost lost last night. 

We found the ball in the back of our net, twice. Luckily one was offside. 

We were pressed and outplayed by a really poor team, the team we most needed to beat, who shared the bottom of the table with us.

Xisco needs to be sacked and we need another manager. It's that simple. 

• Like 1