Has He Gone Yet ??

the other  week chansiri said 3 times last season he thought about sacking d moore . we got 96 points , he said he didnt like the style of football .. well my god not 1 swfc supporter likes the style of xisco , and 2 points from 7 gets you relegated , we will win between 2 and 4 times this season and might get 25 points 20-25 points behind 4th from bottom . if that aint a sacking offence then what is?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Django said:

How bad does it have to get for him to be moved on?

There’s no way we suddenly find some form and fly up the league under this manager 

if he does go it will take the clown a month to get someone else and god help us who that might be, 

• Like 2

Unfortunately, Chansiri won't pull the trigger until it is too far gone.

Without wanting to be over offensive, you'd have to be blind/in denial to think Xisco is sorting this out.

He is so out of his depth it is painful. 

This team looks more nailed on for relegation than the team who started the season with a points deduction.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, morganowl said:

the other  week chansiri said 3 times last season he thought about sacking d moore . we got 96 points , he said he didnt like the style of football .. well my god not 1 swfc supporter likes the style of xisco , and 2 points from 7 gets you relegated , we will win between 2 and 4 times this season and might get 25 points 20-25 points behind 4th from bottom . if that aint a sacking offence then what is?

I think one more loss and he's done. Hopefully it wont cost us too much to pay him and his mates/ brother off as its going to cost us to get a decent experienced manager like we had to do when we got Bruce in. Although that worked out well with the pay off from Newcastle   

• Like 1

Muñoz knows he's done, but obviously won't walk.

The players know he's done, I imagine training has the intensity and commitment of the walking football at Wisewood sport centre .

Now we just wait. 

I genuinely believe if he's still here after 10 games, we will going back down . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

I don’t think we’ve ever had a manager more out of his depth. I include the awful Jos in that. Just reading that James, Vaulks and Ikiekwe aren’t injured, Xisco just chose not to have them in the squad last night. fizz me. 

But other people have been saying where are the new signings ie last Saturday when there were only 3 start. Only 20 places including subs so either new signings or those here before are always going to miss out.

5 hours ago, frastheowl said:

I accept Carlos won't be everybody's preference. In an ideal world, he wouldn't be mine but needs must; we need pragmatism.

However, I can't understand where you're coming from regards the transfer budget? I can only assume its based on solely his last stint with us, and not looking over his career.

Since leaving us, he's managed sides with moderately low expectations, with very modest transfer budgets in relation to their divisional rivals.

In fact, since leaving us, he's only spent more than €1m on three players, all whilst at Braga, where he qualified for Europe, and got to two cup finals, more than competing with the powerhouses in Portuguese football.

In his last job, he prevented Celta Vigo from relegation, whilst operating under strict financial restrictions; brining in only two players...one free transfer and one loan.

Carlos is a coach, who improves players, and adapts systems to what he's got. He's not a manager who needs players to be brought in to adapt a particular philosophy. Of course, if he can bring players in, he will. But, I'm convinced, even without any additions to this squad, Carlos would get us performing at a higher level, on a more consistent basis.

Nah he lost it near the end, should have gone after his second season.

He spent more on one player than the net spend of all his previous managers combined since big Ron. Even then the spine of the team were already here before he arrived.

Lots of views through Rose tinted glasses when looking back at Carlos imo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Unfortunately, Chansiri won't pull the trigger until it is too far gone.

Without wanting to be over offensive, you'd have to be blind/in denial to think Xisco is sorting this out.

He is so out of his depth it is painful. 

This team looks more nailed on for relegation than the team who started the season with a points deduction.

I can’t believe he has lasted the whole day 

5 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

I don’t think we’ve ever had a manager more out of his depth. I include the awful Jos in that. Just reading that James, Vaulks and Ikiekwe aren’t injured, Xisco just chose not to have them in the squad last night. fizz me. 

Vaulks must have made a fantastic recovery then, he was on crutches last weekend. 

• Haha 1

It is impossible to read the mind of Chansiri.

He clearly wants to give XM every opportunity to prove his bizarre selection decision right.  It was the same with Luhukay.

But just like a see saw the balance is now tipping towards dismissal of XM.

I would say that this weekend is pivotal.  Lose and that is 2 points from a possible 24 available and the gap to 21st place starts to look very daunting.

Swansea away will decide XM's fate imo.

• Like 2

On 20/09/2023 at 15:25, frastheowl said:

I accept Carlos won't be everybody's preference. In an ideal world, he wouldn't be mine but needs must; we need pragmatism.

However, I can't understand where you're coming from regards the transfer budget? I can only assume its based on solely his last stint with us, and not looking over his career.

Since leaving us, he's managed sides with moderately low expectations, with very modest transfer budgets in relation to their divisional rivals.

In fact, since leaving us, he's only spent more than €1m on three players, all whilst at Braga, where he qualified for Europe, and got to two cup finals, more than competing with the powerhouses in Portuguese football.

In his last job, he prevented Celta Vigo from relegation, whilst operating under strict financial restrictions; brining in only two players...one free transfer and one loan.

Carlos is a coach, who improves players, and adapts systems to what he's got. He's not a manager who needs players to be brought in to adapt a particular philosophy. Of course, if he can bring players in, he will. But, I'm convinced, even without any additions to this squad, Carlos would get us performing at a higher level, on a more consistent basis.

Agreed - he saved Celta Vigo from relegation by beating Barcelona last match I think