Karen carney

Luke

The English lower league teams have a hard enough time extracting sufficient cash from the top flight.

At the end of the day, the women's game is making huge strides in terms of engagement and popularity, but I don't think that justifies them getting a 50/50 split on sponsorship. Certainly not yet anyway. 

• Like 2

If we can be realistic for a sec...

The vast, vast majority of fans care only for the first team and how it does

They don't care about their academy and youth teams, they absolutely certainly don't care about their womens teams

They just don't - it's a fact

Now, the amount of money a club raises in sponsorship is directly related to their success and exposure - so imagine if a lot of that income had to be siphoned off to prop up what to many fans is not even a tangible entity of the club whilst simultaneously denying the vast majority of the club income to drive it forward

• Like 3

7 hours ago, bradowl said:

If they want equal money charge supporters equal money to watch games.  £59 tickets for the top games. :Chansiri:

lol

I know your taking the p1ss 

But the fact that Arsenal woman's team charge 8 quid on average for a match and still only get 5k through the door, shows how behind they are 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Or how about the women's game grow organically, on popularity, and on merit - like the men's game has over 160+ years. If I was involved in women's football, I'd find such handouts pretty disrespectful TBH.

The women's game is getting traction, it's growing at a rapid rate, and hopefully it will eventually catch up with the men's game in popularity and thus revenue.

Couldn't be further from the truth 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Luke said:

6k a week 

It's not, the media want you to think it is 

Attendances are still low compared to the mens game, and yes, there is more media hype and discussion around the womens game, particularly since the Lionesses won the Euros last year. 

You can't deny that attendances at womens games are rocketing though. 173% increase in attendances in the WSL in a year is a fact. Even look at the England Womens attendances and they're even faster. They played at Rotherham 5 years ago and there were only 9k there. They sold Wembley out for the game against Brazil a few months ago. 

Careful, can’t be saying things with logic and business sense or you’ll get called a bigot and misogynist…

A 50/50 split if wholly unfair and unequal when one side brings in 99% of the viewing.

Best that’ll happen atm is what happens in America with the WNBA that is paid for by the NBA at a massive loss and that has never made a profit. But the NBA keeps paying for it to keep people happy.

Promote the game yes, do more to get girls into it yes, but this fantasy idea that money should be 50/50 split will kill it when all the clubs outside of the ‘elite’ have to pull funding because they can’t afford it.

But you can’t say these things or you’re a bigot…

• Like 5

5 hours ago, kristmace said:

Attendances are still low compared to the mens game, and yes, there is more media hype and discussion around the womens game, particularly since the Lionesses won the Euros last year. 

You can't deny that attendances at womens games are rocketing though. 173% increase in attendances in the WSL in a year is a fact. Even look at the England Womens attendances and they're even faster. They played at Rotherham 5 years ago and there were only 9k there. They sold Wembley out for the game against Brazil a few months ago. 

Doesn't matter if its a 173% increase the top woman's teams Arsenal, Chelsea, man u are average less than Chesterfields men's team, and at 8 quid a ticket 

Very few people care

They'll be more people at old Trafford next home game then the entire wsl next two home games 

It's just a media hype, trying to push it, when hardly anyone cares 

Silly comments like this do more harm than good.

I feel very defensive of the womens game, something I never expected a few years ago. The lack of funding in relation to some national teams at the World Cup, the misogynistic Spanish tw@t kissing the payer on the lips, the bo!!ocks Infantino came out with and a million other injustices they face.

Their game has grown exponentially in the last few years and all credit to them for that, as it currently stands its an entertaining and quality product. TV rights, advertising and other commercial revenue streams will determine its future growth and what the players get paid. I just don't see any justification for making a statement like this. Of course I want to see them progress and get funding but not at the expense of the mens game. Its a classic case of trying to right an injustice by creating a new one.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, lukeyswfc said:

Careful, can’t be saying things with logic and business sense or you’ll get called a bigot and misogynist…

A 50/50 split if wholly unfair and unequal when one side brings in 99% of the viewing.

Best that’ll happen atm is what happens in America with the WNBA that is paid for by the NBA at a massive loss and that has never made a profit. But the NBA keeps paying for it to keep people happy.

Promote the game yes, do more to get girls into it yes, but this fantasy idea that money should be 50/50 split will kill it when all the clubs outside of the ‘elite’ have to pull funding because they can’t afford it.

But you can’t say these things or you’re a bigot…

You can't say those things, whilst saying those things.

• Like 1