Karen carney

Luke

4 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Good point. People like Marcotti and Tim Vickery are in a different stratosphere to the likes of Jamie Redknapp, Lee Hendrie and Danny Murphy who offer nothing out of the ordinary, other than just having played at a high level. The former actually bring insights and perception that most of us simply don't have and should be valued much more than they are. For example, the Sky Soccer Saturday mob between them offer little that couldn't be found picking people randomly out of the crowd at a game.

Yes we watch them because we know them from their playing days, this is why I don’t want to see the women on it

17 hours ago, Morepork said:

In much the same way as I see Megan Rapinoe damaging the women's game by demanding parity with men's pay. These aren't just decisions that can be made arbitrarily, market forces around TV rights, Sponsorship and other commercial revenues need to be the drivers of women's pay as they are in the men's game.  

That’s exactly why the US women’s team want parity - they bring in just as much revenue as the men as they have traditionally had larger tv audiences

• Like 1

Why was it ridiculous? You seem to be annoyed because someone is presenting who you didn’t watch when they were playing. It was the choice you made, therefore also your fault. I could switch “fault” for “problem” if that helps, but where I come from we use the terms interchangeably.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Why was it ridiculous? You seem to be annoyed because someone is presenting who you didn’t watch when they were playing. It was the choice you made, therefore also your fault. I could switch “fault” for “problem” if that helps, but where I come from we use the terms interchangeably.

It's my fault they're not well known? 

6 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

It's my fault they're not well known? 

Well, I knew about Karen Carney (for example) years ago, and I’m only an average football fan. It’s not like these women pundits are total unknowns who no football fans have heard of.

10 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

Well, I knew about Karen Carney (for example) years ago, and I’m only an average football fan. It’s not like these women pundits are total unknowns who no football fans have heard of.

It almost feels weird to moan about women pundits being no good when you compare them to their male counterparts.. both are extremely awful.

We don’t have this issue in cricket where the punditry and commentary of both the men and women is exceptional 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Liam_Baggies said:

It almost feels weird to moan about women pundits being no good when you compare them to their male counterparts.. both are extremely awful.

We don’t have this issue in cricket where the punditry and commentary of both the men and women is exceptional 

Ooh you had me there until you brought in cricket punditry. 

TMS has Alex Hartley most of the summer who added almost no useful

insight, coupled with sounding like a 13 year old boy!

It’s unfair to expect Carney to be better than male counterparts, purely because she’s a woman. However, it would be nice if there was an improvement in the standard across the board. If that’s an all female cast then there’s no issues there, but carney is just as boring and limited as the rest. That’s probably what annoys people when they see her take the place of one of the old boys. 

11 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

She’s not played at the level or in the competition she is taking about. I’m uninterested in her

• Like 2

9 hours ago, cazzaswfc said:

Never did Jose Mourinho any harm.

That reminds me of when the great Arrigo Sacchi was questioned regarding his qualifications and never being a professional footballer:

"I never realised that in order to become a jockey you have to have been a horse first."