Soccer Saturday new season

Thought he did brilliant, the set however was horrific.

I never thought I'd ever be bothered by such a thing but it looked like when your mum and dad went to parents evening at sat at the smalls desks and chairs! I'm turning into a gammon I know 

1 hour ago, TheGaffer said:

Thought he did brilliant, the set however was horrific.

I never thought I'd ever be bothered by such a thing but it looked like when your mum and dad went to parents evening at sat at the smalls desks and chairs! I'm turning into a gammon I know 

The set up was horrendous. Nothing wrong with how it was....really pleased for Simon after losing his wife and hope he carries on the show.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

Didn't know about his wife but he's a great presenter 

Lost his wife to leukaemia in 2017..he has got married again..but yes great presenter just need him to throw arms in air when his team scores which I think is Norwich City. 

Thomas did a great job tbf and I’m so glad they didn’t give the gig to Jules who does midweek games. I didn’t like the set either and they were all over the place early on with the wrong score lines coming up etc 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

It`s all looking a bit sad and desperate but they only have themselves to blame......................change is inevitable but they stupidly tried to change too much too quickly.

No idea why they decided to change literally everything. Thomas did well but the whole thing was poor.

Sky do it with all their football shows now and every single one of them has got worse.

Like giving Thogden and some other YouTubers a platform. It’s cringy and they’re probably just aiming for the kids now. 

• Like 1

Like others I thought Thomas did really well, the pundits were ok I didn't mind any of them, although might need subttitles for Lennon.

The issues they had from what I could see was the production, wrong game grpahics displayed on screen when going to a pundit, sound issues etc etc

Felt for the reporter at the Barnsley game who was a Port Vale fan. Tough gig!

Dawson and Lennon are shocking. 

One thing that annoyed me was the score flashing up and being there for a few mins and Thomas saying. There's been a 2nd goal at (insert game) but who for. 

That works if it hasn't been sitting on the vidi printer for 2 minutes before 

• Like 1

It seems a bit behind itself the score has come up on the vidi printer and the next thing he's saying there's been a goal at so and so who's it gone to, we know it's already come up, that was Jeff's things building that tension