Who do you want to win the PL

City for lots of reasons, but mainly the red shirt cartel don't like it up em.

City bought their success blah blah blah, as if all the red shirts players came from, Salford, Huyton & Islington. These teams always spent the most money to make sure they were at the top, and Arsenal cheated their way to promotion back in the day by handing out brown envelopes.

• Like 1

On 22/04/2023 at 06:52, 31Dec1966 said:

Actually I want City to win everything every year to show what a farce football has become and what money has done to the game.

I get this… it almost feels easier on my soul if City win it - because they had a 90% chance from the start.

I don’t dislike Arsenal, not even for making me cry as a kid in the cup finals. 

I quite like their young players, I’d even like Ramsdale if I could see past him being a pig. Part of me thinks elite players like Saka need a league winners medal to elevate even further (for the sake of England) 

I don’t like red though and can’t really relate to southern teams for whatever reason - so City it is, the blue, northern, formerly average club…who now win anything anyway. 

• Like 1

City

Unquestionably. Don’t begrudge them any success. A big club in waiting with a large loyal fan base even when they were down in the pub leagues & they struck gold. Us…. apart from the jackpot ending.

And Arsenal can fuckrightoff after 93.

That nightmare journey down for the replay etc etc Be nice to see them depressed come end of May. 

Yes Arsenal fans have had it very cushty for a long time now,   they've only finished outside the top ten of the top league once in 48 years.   They've finished between 6-10th place , 9 times in 48 years.   So that means a top 6 finish in 38 of the last 48 years.  It's ridiculous when you think about it. 

I hope Man City win the league 

Edited by Southie_Owl

Torn.

I'd like to see Arsenal win it as I like Arteta and what he's trying to build with the young team he has there. Also, it's getting a bit boring seeing City on the podium lifting the trophy.

However, I'd also like to see City win the treble and equal Man Utd's amazing feat. That's the sort of stuff which you rarely witness and is talked about for a lifetime and beyond.

• Like 1

I'm not too fussed. 

In some ways, I think it would be better if Arsenal win it. Someone different to what we've had in recent times. On the other hand, I think fans of the traditional top clubs are so entitled and obnoxious that I don't want them to enjoy any success. 

I don't think anyone likes how City have achieved their success, but then I generally think their fans are sound still. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

What’s arteta done to you? I thought he was one of the most inoffensive players / managers there is

Great player, mardy little fekker as a manager.