Bit of envy regarding United

1 hour ago, Django said:

They didn’t overtake us, we reversed behind them

In the last 30 years Sheffield United have always done what they have always done, hovered about the 2nd tier with the odd season in the top flight which always ends in tears 

Granted we’ve been absolutely sheiiite since 99, due to catastrophic management, but the core support remains as good as ever. When we eventually get going again (which we will) they’ll still be in their eternal loop and hopefully we’ll be back to stay 

Forever the bridesmaid.

Just have to hope they sign badly again once up. As it stands I can’t look past them for the title. Be top if they beat mini pigs won’t they?

How much longer before they are the better side in Sheffield though? Be their 3rd time up since we last got there.

1 hour ago, lukeyswfc said:

Forever the bridesmaid.

Just have to hope they sign badly again once up. As it stands I can’t look past them for the title. Be top if they beat mini pigs won’t they?

How much longer before they are the better side in Sheffield though? Be their 3rd time up since we last got there.

Things change quickly in football

Forest have been abysmal for as long as us, one inspired managerial change and they flew up the league and gained promotion. 

Under Carlos we absolutely battered Wolves at moleneux, 12 months later they romped the championship in 3rd gear 

Loads of other examples too without going into detail 

Got to keep the faith 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lukeyswfc said:

Forever the bridesmaid.

Are you another sleeper cell or what ?

21 minutes ago, markowl said:

The League Cup win was only just over 30 years ago. Písses all over their 97 year hiatus.

I know a fair few who say their 100 point league one title is a celebration and ranks the same as any league title win…

Which I think is the difference between us both. I wouldn’t be shouting about that as a success rather a footnote in a dark period.

6 hours ago, lukeyswfc said:

Forever the bridesmaid.

I hate to break it to you mate….

• Like 2

Why would anyone envy the pigs? 

It's not like they're playing Real Madrid away in the Champions League on a Tuesday night 

The Championship is so utter w*nk this season that they look a dead cert to go up and even if they do I wouldn't envy that lot 

• Like 1