Micheal Hector

Guest DoesJackHunt

Won our player of the season when we had him on loan.

I personally would love him back here but he’s better than league one and would be a quality addition for you. 

Two good seasons and he’s approaching the end of his career. 

Good at Reading earned a transfer to Chelsea where he never played.

Loaned to Hull, so-so.

Loaned to Wednesday: probably his best season. A colossus. Would have got a permanent move but Fulham came in with parachute subsidised wages.

6 months on his backside whilst Fulham and Chelsea argued over a fee then a January move. 
Three and a half seasons at Fulham (or is it four and a half?)spent almost entirely or out the squad, never mind the first 11.

Now looking for a job. Might be the signing of the season if he finds his “Wednesday” form. But that was a while ago and he’s done nothing since: big big risk especially if on big money.

Guest Jack the Hat
9 hours ago, Safcfaninpeace said:

Probably too good for us then thanks for the reply 

Yeah he's played for Wednesday and Chelsea so he's used to big clubs as well.

To be fair to Hector. he was loaned out all over the place by Chelsea. He himself said he wanted to settle and did want to come here. But it turned out to be Fulham and at least he got his wish to be settled for a while and played a major part in getting them promoted. 

I dont think it is a big risk personally. His injuries weren't major. He is a top quality championship defender, has plenty of years in him. Great in the air, good organiser and good on the ball. Yes got a mistake in him but when he was here he was really good.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

He was good for us but that was 4 years ago and he's hardly played since. I don't think any fans can comment in the current Michael Hector other than Fulham and they haven't seen him play much over 3 years. 

Similar to Iorfa who was also a machine about 4 years ago and been dreadful since

I'm surprised no-one's mentioned that an analysis of matchday ratings by Owlstalk members showed that he got a higher average rating than any player we've had in the last 10 years. By that measure he wasn't just the best player that season but the best of the last decade - better than Bannan, Forestieri, Joao, Lees, Hooper, Fletcher etc

While he was here he had all the qualities you'd hope for - quick, good in the air, good distribution. He always struck me as someone who wasn't a 'warrior' type character - a footballing centre-half rather than one for the trenches.

But that was one season, 4 years ago.