What did I say? This squad is weaker than last season

9 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Defense?  Is that what we call it?

Midfield?  To busy sleeping

Attack? Yeah right

Last season we destroyed teams by attacking down both wings, today it was powerpuff stuff.

Had to rely on Dele to get us out of trouble.

Need to up  everything massively .

I saw your post earlier in the week and I thought at the time that our defence is not as good and after watching that yesterday, that back 3 is not as good as Storey, Dean and Hutch. Not even close. Moreover, they are not as good with their feel - too clunky. 

Once smith gets up and running and windass keeps fit, we should be better up front. 

It’s not all doom and gloom but Stockdsle and that back 3 is a worry. Sadly, Iorfa looks a shadow of his former self. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 4evaowl said:

Compared to the second half of the season squad you’re likely correct but I think DM will still bring a couple more players in yet.

Personally I think we need another wing back as a priority.

We won’t be signing any wingbacks

They will be players than play wide but further up the pitch not wingbacks more wide forwards or advanced wingers 

12 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Defense?  Is that what we call it?

Midfield?  To busy sleeping

Attack? Yeah right

Last season we destroyed teams by attacking down both wings, today it was powerpuff stuff.

Had to rely on Dele to get us out of trouble.

Need to up  everything massively .

Bit harsh, defensively yes a shambles but just needs sorting tactically, we have a promotion winning squad imo, ime sure most on here realise that I judge Moore as the problem, good guy, gets on with most but tactically naive, by all means give the guy a role at Hillsborough but not as manager.

4 minutes ago, debram said:

Bit harsh, defensively yes a shambles but just needs sorting tactically, we have a promotion winning squad imo, ime sure most on here realise that I judge Moore as the problem, good guy, gets on with most but tactically naive, by all means give the guy a role at Hillsborough but not as manager.

Came home a little tipsy (I keep telling myself don't drink n thread, I never learn).  The defence needs to work hard this week.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Came home a little tipsy (I keep telling myself don't drink n thread, I never learn).  The defence needs to work hard this week.

Same here, get carried away after a few too many especially Saturdays when it's not gone all our way, on the other hand it's just expressing your thoughts and that's what this site is for (I think)

• Haha 1

The defensive lapses were concerning but the playing and coaching staff will be aware of that. The criticism of the keeper yesterday was laughable. 

I’ll wait to make judgement after 10-12 games before chucking my toys out the pram.

We do need a CB who is comfortable on the ball.

We seem to be a bit neither here nor there going off that.

Moore wants to play football, but seems to have signed CBs for a direct style of play.

Early days isn't it, but much to ponder.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Don't thread on emotion, the consequences are a bunch of laughing emoji's on a Sunday morning.

You don't need that in your life.

• Like 1

I'd say we are no stronger than last season at the moment, certainly at the back, including keeper. Less concerned and OK about midfield and up top, but certainly weaker at the back, and we weren't good last year! We'd have had 3 points with BPF and Hutch playing yesterday.  Only 1 game in so loads of time to address but a solid CH is key. 

12 hours ago, Ian said:

So you are criticising our attacking despite us scoring 3 goals.

And saying the midfield were too busy sleeping and then saying 1 of them got us out of trouble?

As for your overall point saying the squad is weaker than last year……how would you know that based on today, only 3 of the new players started?

we scored 2 from 2 great strikes otherwise we would have lost 3-1 . we had some good balls in from hunt and johnson were if we had say an alfie may we might have had a couple more . but its that defence whats scaring the hell out of most of us . id like to see 2 quality centre halves signed by end of deadline and iorfa for his own good needs a new challenge elsewhere . ive seen a good part of pre season and yesterdays showing , unless you have drunk a full bottle of vodka then quite clearly you can see we are nowhere near title contenders and yes i can make that judgement after just 1 proper game . most of the new players came in weeks ago plenty enough time to get things sorted . unless you have a solid defence and keeper it wont matter what you offer at the other end of the pitch.  luongo and hutchinson are massive massive holes to fill we also lost storey and dean.