As we stand come Monday morning

3 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I'll raise you a chippy meal from the Chinese near the Kop, kicks a pork sandwich into touch, so last year.

All day long, chips mushy peas gravy and a battered sausage UTO

• Like 1

Beres all the way by the way !

a lot of work to do . Best 11 currently would be

Stockdale

Iorfa

Henegan

Palmer 

Hunt

Byers

Bannan

Adenrian 

Johnson

Windass

Gregory

Subs: 

Dawson

Pato

Sow

Dele B

brennan

Brown

Hunt / cadematri 

A team that could probably be top 10? Maybe chance of top 6 but clearly defensively weak at this stage . 

if luongo re signed I’d say maybe more like a top 6 side . 

Need about 5-6 players don’t we really .

• Like 4

4 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Still a lot of work to be done. Hopefully we can get a couple more in next week for pre season training. The longer new signings have in pre season the better.

yes would be nice to actually start training with a potential first 11 in place for once

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Swfcsi said:

Say the same thing every season but I can not wait to park up with my two boys and girl walk towards the ground grab a burger and get in to church ,iam 37 and still get Goosebumps to this day ...

I'm 63

But it's more for the Beres roast pork sandwich these days

• Haha 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

10 hours ago, striker said:

If my maths are correct, the average age of our current contracted players is 27 ... that's better than I expected.

No it bloody well isn't!!!

Have you seen how many celebrities have died aged 27?..

It's a terrible age is 27 ....

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Swfcsi said:

I don't care how nice they are I ain't queing 7 miles for a sarnie lol

I don't either, my son parks his car at Middlewood, I go into the ground and get myself two pints (my son doesn't drink), my son goes and and buys two beres

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

18 hours ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Beres all the way by the way !

a lot of work to do . Best 11 currently would be

Stockdale

Iorfa

Henegan

Palmer 

Hunt

Byers

Bannan

Adenrian 

Johnson

Windass

Gregory

I think that starting Xl is far stronger than what we had in June last year. Then Moore went into the market and found some real gems.

Ive no doubt he’ll do the same again, but this time from a better foundation in already having a strong Xl and a tried and tested successful formation. 

I think we need a striker to partner Gregory and two CBs, ideally one a leftie. I like that midfield - Dennis and Dele are good replacements for Luongo.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

I think that starting Xl is far stronger than what we had in June last year. Then Moore went into the market and found some real gems.

Ive no doubt he’ll do the same again, but this time from a better foundation in already having a strong Xl and a tried and tested successful formation. 

I think we need a striker to partner Gregory and two CBs, ideally one a leftie. I like that midfield - Dennis and Dele are good replacements for Luongo.

Agree, for me wingbacks is also an area of concern. We have excellent starting options in Hunt and Johnson, but apart from players who can do a job if needed, very few other options. 

If we persist with 352, that's such a crucial position and one which needs to be looked at. 

1 minute ago, striker said:

Agree, for me wingbacks is also an area of concern. We have excellent starting options in Hunt and Johnson, but apart from players who can do a job if needed, very few other options. 

If we persist with 352, that's such a crucial position and one which needs to be looked at. 

Palmer is cover for Hunt and Johnson. Though ideally we need a second left-footer.

11 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

it is stronger than june for sure pal BUT Very weak after that 11 . Options very limited on the bench and palmer as a LCB is a last resort in my opinion. 5-6 players needed . Maybe we won’t have them For day one of the season but ideally 3-4 in before that date . Priorities are cbs and attackers . 

11 minutes ago, striker said:

Yesh think at this stage we are none the wiser if we will go with 3-5-2 or 4-3-3/4-2-3-1. 

Either way full backs / wing backs are low on cover . You’ve got hunt Johnson and palmer . Palmer can do a job at wing back but going forward he’s not on same level as hunt / Johnson for end delivery as we all know . Whether galvin can step up ? Ideally we would sign one more . Purrington is a solid player at this level . Or the young full back Lincoln had on loan from arsenal ? Scored against us at their place 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, striker said:

Bar any schoolboy errors, think I've included them all (and ages, which has been a topic of discussion), as we stand this is who we have come the start of pre season on Monday morning.

Not a bad starting point, but work still to do all over the pitch.

We could put out a decent starting 11, but very limited outside of that.  

Stockdale (36)

Dawson (26)

Hunt (31)

Brennan (22)

Iorfa (26)

Heneghan (28)

Palmer (30)

Johnson (31)

Bannan (32)

Byers (26)

Adeniran (23)

Dele-Bashiru (21)

Gregory (33)

Windass (28)

Paterson (27)

Plus:

(Alex) Hunt (22)

Sow (25)

Brown (23)

I may be being greedy but id like another 8/9 in and to be honest if we could move 6 of the above out that would be good. Although i think we should now be adding Ryan Galvin to that list. If he's not good enough at his age he needs to be let go. So im currently looking at it below:

Stockdale

Dawson/New if he leaves

New New New

Brennan Heneghan Palmer

Hunt Byers Luongo Bannan Johnson

New Dele Adeniran New Galvin/New

Gregory Windass

New New

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I may be being greedy but id like another 8/9 in and to be honest if we could move 6 of the above out that would be good. Although i think we should now be adding Ryan Galvin to that list. If he's not good enough at his age he needs to be let go. So im currently looking at it below:

Stockdale

Dawson/New if he leaves

New New New

Brennan Heneghan Palmer

Hunt Byers Luongo Bannan Johnson

New Dele Adeniran New Galvin/New

Gregory Windass

New New

just don’t see us signing that many . Reckon 2 new cbs 

1 midfielder 

2 attackers of some sorts . 
1 wing back / full back