As we stand come Monday morning

Just now, Swfcsi said:

Say the same thing every season but I can not wait to park up with my two boys and girl walk towards the ground grab a burger and get in to church ,iam 37 and still get Goosebumps to this day ...

Burger! Have you never been to Beres??!! 

A pork sandwich and bag of crackling is an integral part of my match day experience.(for many years better than the football)

lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, striker said:

Bar any schoolboy errors, think I've included them all (and ages, which has been a topic of discussion), as we stand this is who we have come the start of pre season on Monday morning.

Not a bad starting point, but work still to do all over the pitch.

We could put out a decent starting 11, but very limited outside of that.  

Stockdale (36)

Dawson (26)

Hunt (31)

Brennan (22)

Iorfa (26)

Heneghan (28)

Palmer (30)

Johnson (31)

Bannan (32)

Byers (26)

Adeniran (23)

Dele-Bashiru (21)

Gregory (33)

Windass (28)

Paterson (27)

Plus:

(Alex) Hunt (22)

Sow (25)

Brown (23)

As you say , Not a bad starting point, better than last pre season anyway. The next 5-7 signings do need to be aimed at being starting 11 players now though.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

As you say , Not a bad starting point, better than last pre season anyway. The next 5-7 signings do need to be aimed at being starting 11 players now though.

Yep, need to add some competition. 

It would be nice to get some of those we've been linked with over the line, Wilks, Vaulks for example. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Swfcsi said:

Say the same thing every season but I can not wait to park up with my two boys and girl walk towards the ground grab a burger and get in to church ,iam 37 and still get Goosebumps to this day ...

Err don't forget to pay your gas and electricity bills first, might not have enough for a burger

Yeah I would say we are still 8 players  short ( being greedy ) 

lb 1

cb 2

rb 1

cm 2

cf 2

when I say lb / fb this is the wide positions we could just be wide positions as I still think formation changes will be big this year 

We clearly appear light in defence and in attack. On top of that last season although we weren't far off, it seemed to me that we lacked a bit of energy, younger legs or dynamism out wide and in attack.

Stockdale is a solid starting acquisition, giving us experience and reliability in an important position. Not sure about Heneghan but looking at his stats in a struggling Wimbledon side he could be a smart signing.

I'd like us to get some of the players we've been linked with. If we can get some of the likes of Smith; Woodrow, Stockley, Anderson, Wilks, Vaulks, Dean, Gibson, etc or similar, then mixed in with our current players, we'd have a solid looking squad with good options and a reasonable chance of promotion. Arguably a better chance of promotion than last season. 

Key for me, is if we can become more solid at the back; stronger in the air in both boxes and more clinical in attack, provided with more energy and dynamism on the front foot.

It looks like it will be a competitive and difficult league again but if we can build upon the progress made last season, to be honest I was slightly surprised by how well we did, then we should have a better and more realistic chance of promotion this time. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I'll raise you a chippy meal from the Chinese near the Kop, kicks a pork sandwich into touch, so last year.

Have  to disagree. Although on a cold winter's night midweek game, I'm with you!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Swfcsi said:

We just get a beef burger or at least that's what they say it is lol I love sitting with the kids when ground is just opened you get to see Hillsborough in its full glory,I still don't know how people can call it a dump , a lock of paint and sorted ..

Agree. I still get the same tingle at 47 walking up the gangway and seeing the pitch appear as I did when I first started going when I was 5. 

As an added bonus, I can still get a 4g signal on my phone too,. until it starts filling up!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Think it's about time NML and Luongo situations were made clear. They must have had a month to consider the offers. 

You'd think there must be some sort of deadline for their decisions behind the scenes, wouldn't you?

They're still contracted until the end of the month, so are they expected to turn up for day one of pre-season training?

I'd imagine so, but it's a bit of a risk for them if they get injured whilst they've got no contract for next season, isn't it?

From the club's perspective, we need to know how the land lies so that we know how hard to pursue potential replacements.