SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

******** Derby. Doesn’t seem right them being able to sign good players after what they have done. Will be challenging at the top if they get the ones they are rumoured to be after. 

It doesn't, but still under an embargo, had to agree a business plan with EFL who will ratify player registration. Nixon suggesting frees, loans and was also some talk of a wage cap at one point.

Suspect EFL will allow some of the signings they had lined up, but won't allow them to go mad. 

I'm surprised Hourihane is affordable TBH, but don't think they can fill a squad at that standard. They're also behind the curve in terms of pre season preparation, so playing catch up in every sense. 

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

******** Derby. Doesn’t seem right them being able to sign good players after what they have done. Will be challenging at the top if they get the ones they are rumoured to be after. 

They are restricted. 

As part of the conditions of continuing membership in the EFL, the club, whilst remaining under a registration embargo, will be permitted to sign new players in accordance with the terms of a business plan.

"The plan, which has been jointly agreed by the new ownership and the EFL, includes restrictions in respect of transfers fees, player wages and agents' fees. Any application to register players must comply with the terms of those agreed plans."

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Derby takeover confirmed

apparently after barkhuizen hourihane Chester Mendez laing  

One thing being after, another being able to complete the deal. 

32 minutes ago, fpowl said:

They need about 20 players then they need to get them fit and to play together 

derby are no threat this year 

by the time they get going league will be out of sight 

That would be the case if we were Derby but it seems different for everyone else. Derby will probably end up winning the league just because we’re trying to 😂

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

That would be the case if we were Derby but it seems different for everyone else. Derby will probably end up winning the league just because we’re trying to 😂

Well it is the Wednesday way 

injust can’t see anyone with the 5 sub rule and the 50ish game season being able to do anything with a minimal squad 

fatigue and injuries match congestion, you’d have to be extremely lucky to not lose at least 4 players in a season for over 6 weeks in today’s game 

4 minutes ago, Mickbswfc said:

Is it me been paranoid why as sky sports In there done deals section not mentioned 1 of our 5 new signings yet mentioned both out going ?

I think you can relax pictures have been seen of 4/5 in trading with Wednesday on the Wednesday official site only one not seen yet is stockdale and we had that interview off him 

12 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Well it is the Wednesday way 

injust can’t see anyone with the 5 sub rule and the 50ish game season being able to do anything with a minimal squad 

fatigue and injuries match congestion, you’d have to be extremely lucky to not lose at least 4 players in a season for over 6 weeks in today’s game 

Logically yes I’d agree with you. They have lost a summer really but have possibly kept one or two on the hook with the promise of a deal. 

15 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I think you can relax pictures have been seen of 4/5 in trading with Wednesday on the Wednesday official site only one not seen yet is stockdale and we had that interview off him 

He’s there (Stockdale)…he’s been posting pictures on his Instagram. Me and Att liked ‘em 😜

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

Logically yes I’d agree with you. They have lost a summer really but have possibly kept one or two on the hook with the promise of a deal. 

But how many senior pros did they have? 

I don’t think they could field 11 could they 

was it 4 or 9 registered players 

so they have practically got to recruit a whole squad behind everyone else get them fit, and to gel and to compete in a promotion push season whilst under an embargo and wage cap?

I think it’s going to be a bridge too far 

it took us until Christmas to get going ( granted injuries played a part  )

Ipswich improved but still couldn’t make it. 

now there’s 5 subs this season which means squads are going to have to be bigger and more tactically astute 

if I was them I’d be looking for a mid table position maybe sneaking in the playoffs 

the reality though is it 5 weeks until the start of the season now? They are up against it and behind in every way 

I can see them getting a good team together maybe a decent 14/16  for this level but I can’t see them being ready and looking like a team that’s well drilled and fit enough to be able to compete from the off and I’d say they will be in the bottom half of the table come December 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Out of Hunt and Wing I would have played hunt for the first half of the season to see if he was good enough.

.what manager would give a player 23 games to see if he was good enough..........hunt went  to oldham and they benched  him after 7 games and some of those he got subbed .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, fpowl said:

But how many senior pros did they have? 

I don’t think they could field 11 could they 

was it 4 or 9 registered players 

so they have practically got to recruit a whole squad behind everyone else get them fit, and to gel and to compete in a promotion push season whilst under an embargo and wage cap?

I think it’s going to be a bridge too far 

it took us until Christmas to get going ( granted injuries played a part  )

Ipswich improved but still couldn’t make it. 

now there’s 5 subs this season which means squads are going to have to be bigger and more tactically astute 

if I was them I’d be looking for a mid table position maybe sneaking in the playoffs 

the reality though is it 5 weeks until the start of the season now? They are up against it and behind in every way 

I can see them getting a good team together maybe a decent 14/16  for this level but I can’t see them being ready and looking like a team that’s well drilled and fit enough to be able to compete from the off and I’d say they will be in the bottom half of the table come December 

We had a good start but tailed off with injuries. As you say they will need to cope with that and the dynamic is very different now to last seasons free hit/have a go with the kids. Away from he they are still a scalp and I think Rooney knew this too. 

But if they had deals in principle then maybe some unregistered players are already training as it’s mutually beneficial for free agents to be fit 

11 minutes ago, torryowl said:

.what manager would give a player 23 games to see if he was good enough..........hunt went  to oldham and they benched  him after 7 games and some of those he got subbed .

I think a lot on here see that we have got players that have come through the academy and think they should be getting opportunities in the first team

we should never compromise the first team in my opinion. The coaches see enough of these lads to know if they are good enough or ready yet 

and through out the season quite a few get opportunities to train with the first team 

the truth is they are not ready for the pressure of playing in a promotion aspiring team at Sheffield Wednesday the demands and expectations are huge 

the route to the first team should always be through the age groups/ under23s and a bit of first team training 

when they look ready physically they should be loaned out

if it takes two / three seasons of being loaned out so be it but when they have established themselves to handle the senior game then only then should we consider them to be good enough to compete for a first team spot or sold.

look at George Hirst last season was his first season that  he looked like he can compete at senior level before then he’s looked way off it 

and that included 2 years in Belgium 1 year at Rotherham and then found form in league one with Pompey 

I’d rather see our young lads be part of a senior squad where they are likely to play but certainly be part of the matchday squad for a year to get them used to that 

then have them loaned out with the condition they play 

let them develop 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

We had a good start but tailed off with injuries. As you say they will need to cope with that and the dynamic is very different now to last seasons free hit/have a go with the kids. Away from he they are still a scalp and I think Rooney knew this too. 

But if they had deals in principle then maybe some unregistered players are already training as it’s mutually beneficial for free agents to be fit 

Yeah they could face some real difficult games as you say they will be a scalp and their fans will still support in numbers and expect to be challenging 

how long before they turn toxic? 

ihekwe supposedly agreed to join them but when that other take over fell through we swooped late on and he joined us 

I can see them signing some decent players on paper but I can see a lot of them not having the right attitude and fight for this league 

and with not knowing how your changing room bonds they could end up with real problems in their 

it’s not like they are adding to a settled or established blend they are building one from scratch, behind the pack with restrictions 

• Like 1