SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

Just now, fpowl said:

then have them loaned out with the condition they play 

let them develop 

we'd have to loan them down to a pretty low level if we are putting conditions that they must play ......

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

But how many senior pros did they have? 

I don’t think they could field 11 could they 

was it 4 or 9 registered players 

so they have practically got to recruit a whole squad behind everyone else get them fit, and to gel and to compete in a promotion push season whilst under an embargo and wage cap?

I think it’s going to be a bridge too far 

it took us until Christmas to get going ( granted injuries played a part  )

Ipswich improved but still couldn’t make it. 

now there’s 5 subs this season which means squads are going to have to be bigger and more tactically astute 

if I was them I’d be looking for a mid table position maybe sneaking in the playoffs 

the reality though is it 5 weeks until the start of the season now? They are up against it and behind in every way 

I can see them getting a good team together maybe a decent 14/16  for this level but I can’t see them being ready and looking like a team that’s well drilled and fit enough to be able to compete from the off and I’d say they will be in the bottom half of the table come December 

Worth remembering that Wigan completely overhauled their team last summer and ended up winning the league.

I suspect Derby are too late to put a league winning side together but if they leave Rosenior in charge then there'll be continuity in terms of coaching, a fair few senior pros and hot prospects from last season will stick around and if the links to Hourihane, Barkhuizen etc. are on the money then they could end up with a pretty strong squad.

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

Out of Hunt and Wing I would have played hunt for the first half of the season to see if he was good enough.

I honestly think this is one of the most ridiculous posts I’ve ever seen. Wing is an established Championship player. Yes, it didn’t work for him here but hindsight is a wonderful thing. It was a great signing by Moore at the time.

On the other hand, Alex Hunt is well…crap!! Still a boy physically and not that good technically either. Couldn’t even hack it at relegated Oldham. Awful player.!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

Out of Hunt and Wing I would have played hunt for the first half of the season to see if he was good enough.

Thank god you're not our manager then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

I honestly think this is one of the most ridiculous posts I’ve ever seen. Wing is an established Championship player. Yes, it didn’t work for him here but hindsight is a wonderful thing. It was a great signing by Moore at the time.

On the other hand, Alex Hunt is well…crap!! Still a boy physically and not that good technically either. Couldn’t even hack it at relegated Oldham. Awful player.!!

Don't hold back mate tell us what you really think

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

Strange hatred you have for a young player. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Strange hatred you have for a young player. 

Why are people like you so sensitive about these things? There is NO hatred at all. I can’t hate a person that I don’t know personally. The fact he’s not a very good footballer has nothing to do with hatred. I’m sure he’s probably a very nice lad, but he won’t make it here. Why is it not ok to say that? Because he’s ‘One of our own?’

Don’t be so silly.

8 minutes ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

Why are people like you so sensitive about these things? There is NO hatred at all. I can’t hate a person that I don’t know personally. The fact he’s not a very good footballer has nothing to do with hatred. I’m sure he’s probably a very nice lad, but he won’t make it here. Why is it not ok to say that? Because he’s ‘One of our own?’

Don’t be so silly.

Strange way to speak about one of our young players is all. Yep he might not make it here but ‘awful footballer’ is way over the top and unnecessary. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Strange way to speak about one of our young players is all. Yep he might not make it here but ‘awful footballer’ is way over the top and unnecessary. 

It really isn’t in my opinion but for you delicate souls I’ll say ‘he’s not good enough’. Is that ok Dad?

4 hours ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

i agree, a ridiculous post....you nailed it before you even made your point.

• Like 1

After signing Darragh Burns from Irish league it seems like MK Dons are putting in another bid for Bohemians young playmaker Dawson Devoy. They are looking to invest money they got for likes of Twine and Darling into next bunch of talented players to improve and earn lot of money on.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, malek said:

After signing Darragh Burns from Irish league it seems like MK Dons are putting in another bid for Bohemians young playmaker Dawson Devoy. They are looking to invest money they got for likes of Twine and Darling into next bunch of talented players to improve and earn lot of money on.

Still never get rid of their franchise tag.

1 minute ago, Asio otus said:

Still never get rid of their franchise tag.

Don't care about them one bit, but I've been very impressed with their transfer dealings last few years.

What We achieved last season with 2'nd oldest squad in the league  they did with young squad full of talent and with lot of resale value.

If We adopted similar transfer strategy when DC took over We would have been healthy Premier League club by now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

It really isn’t in my opinion but for you delicate souls I’ll say ‘he’s not good enough’. Is that ok Dad?

Yep better thanks.

He did well on loan at Grimsby. And then for some stupid reason the club decided to loan him to basket case club Oldham who were bottom of League 2 and destined for the drop. Terrible atmosphere for a young player trying to get minutes. Awful decision from the club. 

He’s not an ‘awful player’. We extended his contract so the club clearly feel he has something about him. Hopefully he can secure a decent loan move to a League 2 club this season. Preferably not somewhere like chuffin Oldham. 

• Like 2

At the risk of incurring @Owlabroad2001's wrath,  I like Alex Hunt

I think he's already shown glimpses of his ability and needs a decent run in a strong side to kick on

I thought it might happen last season but then last summer's recruitment drive pushed him down the pecking order

His loan spell at Grimsby WAS successful however

The National league is hugely competitive and he became a fixture in a side aiming for promotion

Perhaps it's a shame he didn't stay there for the full season

Oldham was a totally different situation,  they were struggling to avoid the drop when he signed up and they sacked

their manager within weeks of his arrival

Shez took over and it looks like he thought their best way out was to adopt a different style of play 

Alex didn't start too many games after that and usually came off the bench when his side were losing

I don't think his physical appearance should count against him,  we've yet to see what he can do for us at senior level

But perhaps another spell out on loan would do no harm ...

Grimsby?  Their fans sure took to him  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1