SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

Just now, striker said:

Fair point, but can't legislate for injuries and losing all of those unprecedented.

That said, all have had their injury issues. Hutchinson we know about, Iorfa missed large chunks of seasons past, Gibson always injured, the lad has only played about 30 first team games in his entire career and Dunkley was signed injured.

Hopefully recruitment of more robust players who (touch wood) have better availability stats improves that dynamic.

I hope you are right

I said the same thing at the beginning of last season and took a load of abuse

Admittedly last season 3 of the back 4 were returning from long term injury, hopefully our two new defenders don't have this problem, but Iorfa is a big worry

I see the sense in getting Brennan game time, but only if we are bringing two or 3 more centre half's in

I believe playing most of the first half of the season with not enough cover at centre half is what ultimately cost us a place in the top two

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

26 minutes ago, ruscol85 said:

I may be mistaken, but I think Ihekwe is right footed, despite playing LCB a lot last year. 

Agree with you on the rest though pal. If you could guarantee fitness I’d be having another go at Gibson

Unfortunately you can't guarantee fitness. Imagine the reaction if Gibson came back and had the same issues again. 

I believe DM took a second chance on JJ as he was injured on loan at Doncaster, look how that turned out. Played about 20 minutes on a half season loan.

40 minutes ago, ruscol85 said:

I may be mistaken, but I think Ihekwe is right footed, despite playing LCB a lot last year. 

Agree with you on the rest though pal. If you could guarantee fitness I’d be having another go at Gibson

You may be right, I've just gone off Sofa Score's profile of him tbh.

If he isn't naturally left footed, if really emphasises the need to get one (or two) centre halfs who are naturally left footed to give us that balance, we so often lacked last season (when playing Hutchinson or Palmer there for long periods).

Screenshot 2022-07-01 at 14.34.44.png

14 minutes ago, punkyhorrors said:

Screenshot 2022-07-01 at 14.19.01.png

I’ll be surprised if Wednesday aren’t prepared to go higher than £200,000 on 23 year old Mallik Wilks but are prepared to spend £500,000 on a 28 year old Alfie May. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I hope you are right

I said the same thing at the beginning of last season and took a load of abuse

Admittedly last season 3 of the back 4 were returning from long term injury, hopefully our two new defenders don't have this problem, but Iorfa is a big worry

I see the sense in getting Brennan game time, but only if we are bringing two or 3 more centre half's in

I believe playing most of the first half of the season with not enough cover at centre half is what ultimately cost us a place in the top two

I hope so too. Can never say never with us though. Agree, Iorfa the concern for me too, always seems to be a knock away from missing several months. 

That said, Dean came in with a good record, then got injured fairly quickly. I'd hope that with some pre season conditioning that risk would be mitigated. Which, makes it important to get players in the building asap to do that conditioning work. 

Also agree, having no defenders in the first half of last season cost us. Fingers crossed for better luck this year with injuries. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I’ll be surprised if Wednesday aren’t prepared to go higher than £200,000 on 23 year old Mallik Wilks but are prepared to spend £500,000 on a 28 year old Alfie May. 

Be surprised if we are in for him

Dont see where he fits into our current line up

Barnsley would be my bet. Ex Cheltenham manager and also they need to replace Woodrow

• Like 1

I wouldn’t be too fussed over Alfie May for £500,000. He turns 29 tomorrow and likely would want a 3 year deal after only one very good season.

Joseph & Wilks seem much more sensible options. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, yeadonowl said:

Barnsley would be my bet. Ex Cheltenham manager and also they need to replace Woodrow

Me either. It’s a big fee for someone who is 29 tomorrow and has only one good season to his name. I did like what I saw of the lad though, but not at £500,000. 

I won’t be surprised if Rotherham are looking, desperate for strikers. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

You may be right, I've just gone off Sofa Score's profile of him tbh.

If he isn't naturally left footed, if really emphasises the need to get one (or two) centre halfs who are naturally left footed to give us that balance, we so often lacked last season (when playing Hutchinson or Palmer there for long periods).

Screenshot 2022-07-01 at 14.34.44.png

What site is this?  

12 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

I said this in a video ive thought he might go to Barnsley