SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

33 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

You are probably right - but Hutch was guilty of a few of them last season as well - it's all a bit of a blur, all the soft goals we gave away last season....

I know it will sound strange, but Hutch is a much better Championship player than he is a league 1 player

In League 1 it's more about defending set pieces and corners than being good on the ball, I thought Hutch got bullied a bit

I expect us to be better at defending our box this year, and with Smith up top I can see us hitting him early

If I remember right, Stockdale doesn't hang about when he gets the ball, he often releases the ball early and long

It's then up to Smith to protect the ball and bring players around him into play

We won't be one dimensional and look to play off the big man all the time, but it's a tactic used a lot in League 1 and it has a great deal of success

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

We played a winger and right back at centre back instead of giving a kid a chance, when he eventually got a chance, he did that well he got offer a new 3 year deal.

Had we had the trust in youth at the start of the season we would not have had to waste money on loans of Gibson and Wing when Brennan and Hunt could and should have played a lot more. 

Well your just writing lines to suit your agenda there 

We played senior pros at centre back rather that throwing an inexperienced player in that could have not been ready or been torn to bits 

when he eventually got the chance it was clear that the potential was there but he needed to go out on loan to get regular game time 

if we our own youth were good enough at the beginning of the season we wouldn’t have had to loan in premier leagues young ones 

Hunt was and still is way down the pecking order abd like last season needs to go out and play and make is notice 

out if 

vaulks 

bannan 

byres 

Dele 

adrianan 

and probably another addition do you honestly think Hunt is getting many minutes 

• Like 1

Porstmouth & Wycombe are both pursuing a deal to sign Cambridge United forward Sam Smith.
Both the Chairboys and Pompey are in the market to bolster their attacking options as they look to mount a promotion challenge in the upcoming 2022-23 League One campaign.

5 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Porstmouth & Wycombe are both pursuing a deal to sign Cambridge United forward Sam Smith.
Both the Chairboys and Pompey are in the market to bolster their attacking options as they look to mount a promotion challenge in the upcoming 2022-23 League One campaign.

He really ought to sign for the Brewers if they can afford him.

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Well your just writing lines to suit your agenda there 

We played senior pros at centre back rather that throwing an inexperienced player in that could have not been ready or been torn to bits 

when he eventually got the chance it was clear that the potential was there but he needed to go out on loan to get regular game time 

if we our own youth were good enough at the beginning of the season we wouldn’t have had to loan in premier leagues young ones 

Hunt was and still is way down the pecking order abd like last season needs to go out and play and make is notice 

out if 

vaulks 

bannan 

byres 

Dele 

adrianan 

and probably another addition do you honestly think Hunt is getting many minutes 

Out of Hunt and Wing I would have played hunt for the first half of the season to see if he was good enough.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Out of Hunt and Wing I would have played hunt for the first half of the season to see if he was good enough.

That old hindsight again. 

Everyone thought we'd done well to sign Wing at the time. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Hindsight is a great thing I wouldn’t have signed wing 

but like most I thought it was a coup last year to sign wing 

When wing was playing Byres wasn’t I think playing Byres ahead of Hunt was the correct call 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sage owl said:

That old hindsight again. 

Everyone thought we'd done well to sign Wing at the time. 

Expected Wing to be real difference makar at this level and his signing sign of intention by DC. Was very impressed how We managed to bring him in despite transfer embargo. 

3 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Derby takeover confirmed

apparently after barkhuizen hourihane Chester Mendez laing  

If they get them 4 signings plus a few others I think they’ll be one of our main challengers next season. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

If they get them 4 signings plus a few others I think they’ll be one of our main challengers next season. 

Obviously if they can gel together is a big one but on paper they could assemble an 11 that’s just as strong as ours 

6 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

They need about 20 players then they need to get them fit and to play together 

derby are no threat this year 

by the time they get going league will be out of sight 

• Like 4