SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

11 hours ago, torryowl said:

we'd have to loan them down to a pretty low level if we are putting conditions that they must play ......

Not really, it all depends on how they’ve performed previously you couldn’t put that condition on a first loan if they’ve no experience 

I’d say we could have put that condition in with Brennan 

38 minutes ago, malek said:

Don't care about them one bit, but I've been very impressed with their transfer dealings last few years.

What We achieved last season with 2'nd oldest squad in the league  they did with young squad full of talent and with lot of resale value.

If We adopted similar transfer strategy when DC took over We would have been healthy Premier League club by now.

If it was that easy wouldn’t everyone adopt this strategy?

9 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

Does anyone on here know any Derby fans?

Will their fans come out in numbers and get behind their team this season or have turned their backs on them and will get poor attendances? 

Yeah, I know plenty.

Haven't heard anything to suggest they won't be backing their team.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

If it was that easy wouldn’t everyone adopt this strategy?

It certainly aint easy to spot cheap young players with loads of potential and it is almost as hard to develop them while getting results and achieving se targets.

Then again rewards can be huge. There are clubs that got one or two of these right and it completely changed their trajectory.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, malek said:

It certainly aint easy to spot cheap young players with loads of potential and it is almost as hard to develop them while getting results and achieving se targets.

Then again rewards can be huge. There are clubs that got one or two of these right and it completely changed their trajectory.

How do you know so much about other teams youth players mate? Genuine question, not taking the wee wee. I'm always amazed about how much knowledge you've got on academy players, not just over here but in the bloody League of Ireland as well!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

Will their fans come out in numbers and get behind their team this season or have turned their backs on them and will get poor attendances? 

With the takeover they’ll have very good numbers.

24 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

Honestly, I think they will just be glad they have a club and all the stuff with administrators is behind them. They showed incredible support last season and I think they'll continue to back their club, wholeheartedly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, malek said:

Don't care about them one bit, but I've been very impressed with their transfer dealings last few years.

What We achieved last season with 2'nd oldest squad in the league  they did with young squad full of talent and with lot of resale value.

If We adopted similar transfer strategy when DC took over We would have been healthy Premier League club by now.

I think we need to do a bit of it for sure but I think that young MK side got caught in the headlights a few times and it’s easier to play at MK than Hillsborough 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

I think we need to do a bit of it for sure but I think that young MK side got caught in the headlights a few times and it’s easier to play at MK than Hillsborough 

You are right and it should certainly be taken into account when talking about this topic. I'm well aware that clubs ambitions are not the same and that Hillsborough and its crowds can be daunting to play in front of, especially for young players with little or no experience.

How do you know so much about other teams youth players mate? Genuine question, not taking the wee wee. I'm always amazed about how much knowledge you've got on academy players, not just over here but in the bloody League of Ireland as well!

I wouldn't say I know awfully lot about it. I'm interested in youth and development football and watch and read about it as much as i can. It is the only reason why I know a bit more about it than average poster on here.

Irish players I name on here are first team players and well known names that can be regularly watched through their league's official channel. Nice watch in the Summer while most other leagues are not playing.

• Like 1

I think with Derby it needs to also be taken into account that apparently they have lined up Wildsmith to be their number 1.

Anyone still thinking they will be a threat this coming season needs to have a think about that

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I like Alex Hunt, and surrounded by the right type of player he could be an asset

But this is the pub league

The teams that generally do well in this division have their fair share of big lads

A lot of goals in this division are from free kicks and corners

Hunt has a wicked set piece on him, but we've already got people queuing up for that job

I can't see a midfield that already has it's fair share of short arses accommodating another

As a stand in for Bannan maybe, playing alongside Bannan, Byers and Vaulks, it's a no from me

Hunt needs to go out on loan, he's behind the likes of Adeniran and Dele-Bashiru

We've also got Patterson and Palmer who can do a job in midfield

I just don't see how Alex Hunt is going to get games here.

• Like 4

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

44 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I like Alex Hunt, and surrounded by the right type of player he could be an asset

But this is the pub league

The teams that generally do well in this division have their fair share of big lads

A lot of goals in this division are from free kicks and corners

Hunt has a wicked set piece on him, but we've already got people queuing up for that job

I can't see a midfield that already has it's fair share of short arses accommodating another

As a stand in for Bannan maybe, playing alongside Bannan, Byers and Vaulks, it's a no from me

Hunt needs to go out on loan, he's behind the likes of Adeniran and Dele-Bashiru

We've also got Patterson and Palmer who can do a job in midfield

I just don't see how Alex Hunt is going to get games here.

His best bet based on the game against Rochdale under Monk was to play more a no 10 role but we have Windass and possibly another coming in to do that. No way is he dislodging the other cms unless he switches in for Bannan otherwise we are too light in there. So it’s catch 22, there is a player there but we can’t give him the games 

• Like 1