SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

4 hours ago, malek said:

Don't care about them one bit, but I've been very impressed with their transfer dealings last few years.

What We achieved last season with 2'nd oldest squad in the league  they did with young squad full of talent and with lot of resale value.

If We adopted similar transfer strategy when DC took over We would have been healthy Premier League club by now.

Don't disagree.

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

was just about to post the same. Shame. Think Dean would have been a very good signing, a real leader which is what we need. 

Well if Dean is staying at Brum, it means we can move on to our other targets. Good player but not cheap so money available for someone else.

Certainly puts paid to the view that Brennan going on loan equated to Dean coming in.

12 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

was just about to post the same. Shame. Think Dean would have been a very good signing, a real leader which is what we need. 

Yep, probably only Bowyer stupid enough to let him leave. 

I think they've only got about 12 players so looks dead in the water. Was always going to need goodwill from Birmingham to subsidise his wage anyway.

A loan move to Grimsby would make a lot of sense for Hunt ssince it's an environment he did well in and they're now a level higher. 

Would be worth getting an option for the club to extend his contract by another year in case he does particularly well there - unless he's tied to us until 2024 anyway like Brennan?

3 hours ago, Bluesteel. said:

His best bet based on the game against Rochdale under Monk was to play more a no 10 role but we have Windass and possibly another coming in to do that. No way is he dislodging the other cms unless he switches in for Bannan otherwise we are too light in there. So it’s catch 22, there is a player there but we can’t give him the games 

I agree

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

If we can’t get Dean, assuming that was a relatively expensive deal or at least needing a fee and good wage. It would be good to go for Dan Scarr at Plymouth. Reminds me very much of Sonny Bradley who left there and has been a leader at the back for Luton. Contract up at the end of the coming season so potentially available for a reduced fee.

6 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

Not a lot seems to be happening on the rumour front at the minute. Dean and Wilks deals look to be up in the air and Victor Braga hasn’t materialised.

I wonder what Moore and Co have in mind as plan b signings.

Whatever plan B is, better pull our finger out next week. Players need to be in for the Portugal trip at the latest, or we are going to be building their volume again while the season has started 

• Like 1