SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

48 minutes ago, malek said:

Now MK Dons are looking to sign Daniel Mandroiu. Feel like they hacked our forum and are looking to sign every player I ever recomnended on here. First O'Riley and Twine now Burns, Devoy and Mandroiu, All low risk potentialy high reward signings. 

could you perhaps recommend Sow? 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, malek said:

Now MK Dons are looking to sign Daniel Mandroiu. Feel like they hacked our forum and are looking to sign every player I ever recomnended on here. First O'Riley and Twine now Burns, Devoy and Mandroiu, All low risk potentialy high reward signings. 

Well shut the eff up then! lol

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, fpowl said:

Not really, it all depends on how they’ve performed previously you couldn’t put that condition on a first loan if they’ve no experience 

I’d say we could have put that condition in with Brennan 

i dont see that ,how can our manager dictate to swindon who plays in there team ......your saying if brennan is crap for them the manager as to keep playing him and i cant believe any manager would sign a player on those terms .

9 hours ago, torryowl said:

i dont see that ,how can our manager dictate to swindon who plays in there team ......your saying if brennan is crap for them the manager as to keep playing him and i cant believe any manager would sign a player on those terms .

We signed Izzy Brown on a deal like that. The less we played him, the more expensive the loan became.

Hence why Pulis decided to continually sub him in that last two minutes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Let’s hope that he opts for Huddersfield…….

Derby County and Huddersfield Town are in a battle to sign former Aston Villa midfielder Conor Hourihane this summer, according to reports.

I still have no idea how he would be affordable for Derby, or EFL would allow him to be affordable. 

9 minutes ago, striker said:

I still have no idea how he would be affordable for Derby, or EFL would allow him to be affordable. 

They're out of adminstration now.

Sod the local businesses who got paid bugger all for their goods and services; splash the cash on mega-deals for ageing football players.

Such is the way of the world, I'm afraid.

• Like 2

Hourihane didn’t get much game time at our neighbours? Might be that he is on the decline? If he goes to derby let’s hope so? But derby have a serious rebuild in a short space of time if they really gona challenge? Took us half a season to get going last year 

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Sod the local businesses who got paid bugger all for their goods and services; splash the cash on mega-deals for ageing football players.

True, but they are under an embargo and have to work to the  business plan agreed with EFL. 

The terms of which haven't been published, but thought to be restricted to frees and loans, there was also talk of a wage cap (some Derby fans speculating around £8k pw).

Admin always a disgraceful process, where the club comes out debt free, football creditors paid in full but other creditors only got 25p in the pound. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

This still needs addressing as it's morally repugnant 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, striker said:

True, but they are under an embargo and have to work to the  business plan agreed with EFL. 

The terms of which haven't been published, but thought to be restricted to frees and loans, there was also talk of a wage cap (some Derby fans speculating around £8k pw).

Admin always a disgraceful process, where the club comes out debt free, football creditors paid in full but other creditors only got 25p in the pound. 

I don't expect the EFL-sanctioned 'business plan' to be overly restrictive after the way they've bent over backwards to give Derby chance after chance to survive compared to the likes of Bury.

The proof will be in the pudding, of course. They've already signed Mendez-Laing, who rejected our contract offer...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Leicester are the best example of this. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

This still needs addressing as it's morally repugnant 

It is, I've always thought that when a club goes into administration they cease to be and should forfeit their league share, dropping to non league. 

Administrators first job should be to secure value from any assets to pay creditors and the football club can rebuild from there. 

It shouldn't be used as a mechanism to clean a club and wipe debt for a fraction of what has been accrued as it is now, with little punishment other than 15 points deduction and the short term hit of relegation (not always guaranteed)

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I don't expect the EFL-sanctioned 'business plan' to be overly restrictive after the way they've bent over backwards to give Derby chance after chance to survive compared to the likes of Bury.

The proof will be in the pudding, of course. They've already signed Mendez-Laing, who rejected our contract offer...

Agree, my thoughts on the EFL management often include the words not fit for purpose and incompetent.

To be fair to Derby, there was enough in the kitty to fund the club, something Bury didn't do or fulfill fixtures, therefore EFL hands tied a little bit 

Admin never sits right with me, always has a whiff of cheating. I'm pleased for the fans at Derby, but have zero respect for the club.

My personal opinion is that they gamed the system, cheated and maybe not this coming season but will ultimately gain a financial and sporting advantage as a result of the admin process wiping debt. Debt other clubs work in the proper way to manage and pay.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, striker said:

It is, I've always thought that when a club goes into administration they cease to be and should forfeit their league share, dropping to non league. 

Administrators first job should be to secure value from any assets to pay creditors and the football club can rebuild from there. 

It shouldn't be used as a mechanism to clean a club and wipe debt for a fraction of what has been accrued as it is now, with little punishment other than 15 points deduction and the short term hit of relegation (not always guaranteed)

Absolutely, with controls over what they can spend and no debt allowed for a period of 10 years.... plus a potential 'windfall' penalty on any excess profits made which goes to the unsecured creditors

It has to be a very drastic option to stop clubs taking this easy option 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

100%.

The whole concept of 'football creditors' is morally wrong.

Shaft small businesses and protect football at all costs, basically.

When players are being signed on salaries which dwarf the debts owed to local firms, St John Ambulance etc, it's pretty hard to swallow.

Spot on. 

The thing is, if they swapped round and non football creditors were guaranteed payment in full, football may self regulate a little as clubs would be more cautious about doing business with financially suspect clubs.

Football clubs are multi million pound businesses, why should local small business take the hit and they be immune. It stinks.

• Like 5