Pitch Invasions

7 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Totally hear what you're saying and your points are valid but surely you can't punish the vast majority for one knobs actions.

I would be interested to know how you would want a club to keep it's house in order.

The guy has a lifetime ban, what more can the club do.

The only way is to stop pitch invasions by policing but then there's a cost to that and that will be passed on to genuine fans.

I don't know the answer mate but just think it's wrong to punish the majority for actions of one idiot.

Crikey, as I'm typing I see on the news, Patrick Veiera aiming a kick at a taunting fan after another pitch invasion last night.

WTF is it coming to but something needs doing for sure.

It's not one knobs actions.  Hundreds, sometimes thousands of fans spill onto the pitch, every one being a potential incident waiting to happen.

Clubs have to spend money for better policing/stewarding.  I don't want to see fences brought back for obvious reasons, but something has to be done.  

The FA/Premier League/EFL or whover is in charge should have a tiered system of consequences in place.

first offence a warning.

second offence the stand(s) that invaded are shut down for a match.

third offence 3 matches.

fourth offence points deducted

fifth offence no fans at all for 3 matches.

something along those lines-ish.  also they should be time related so good behavior for a period (10 matches) drops you down a tier on the consequence list.

bring in a fan ID card, like a fishing licence, if you offend you get a progressive series of bans until you get a life ban.

i don't know the correct answer, but better minds than me shouldbe looking at this

4 minutes ago, duncanidaho said:

It's not one knobs actions.  Hundreds, sometimes thousands of fans spill onto the pitch, every one being a potential incident waiting to happen.

Clubs have to spend money for better policing/stewarding.  I don't want to see fences brought back for obvious reasons, but something has to be done.  

The FA/Premier League/EFL or whover is in charge should have a tiered system of consequences in place.

first offence a warning.

third offence 3 matches.

something along those lines-ish.  also they should be time related so good behavior for a period (10 matches) drops you down a tier on the consequence list.

bring in a fan ID card, like a fishing licence, if you offend you get a progressive series of bans until you get a life ban.

i don't know the correct answer, but better minds than me shouldbe looking at this

Totally agree that the powers that be, whoever they are, need to be acting on this and with urgency before something more serious happens.

29 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Go on I'm interested.

What stats are these ?

https://www.drinkdriving.org/drink_driving_statistics_uk.php

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/drink-driving-statistics-older-motorists-research-study-direct-line-a8872101.html

in 2015 there were 8470   incidents of drink driving with casualties, of which  1370 were death or serious injury.   

in 2015 there were 37578 convictions for drink driving.

Therefore approximately 3.6% of convictions had a death or serious injury.

If you take into account the amount of people who drink drive and don't get caught which according to the Independant's article is rather a large figure, then the figure is possibly further reduced.

42 minutes ago, duncanidaho said:

https://www.drinkdriving.org/drink_driving_statistics_uk.php

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/drink-driving-statistics-older-motorists-research-study-direct-line-a8872101.html

in 2015 there were 8470   incidents of drink driving with casualties, of which  1370 were death or serious injury.   

in 2015 there were 37578 convictions for drink driving.

Therefore approximately 3.6% of convictions had a death or serious injury.

If you take into account the amount of people who drink drive and don't get caught which according to the Independant's article is rather a large figure, then the figure is possibly further reduced.

And what percentage of pitch invasions result in death or serious injury?

I don't expect these figures will be easily found but we both know it will be a miniscule proportion of the above.

Hence my point that the two things are not comparable.

What matters is that dickhedz, quite rightly, be banned, prosecuted and jailed which in themselves are adequate deterrent for others at the same end of the gene pool.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dexter Morgan said:

I have never ran on a pitch, In the 31 years I’ve been watching Wednesday I’ve never bothered, I’ve just never seen the point, I just applaud from my seat 

Only time I've ran on was when we clinched promotion in 1980 when I was 16 and just followed my mates who ran on. 

Applauding the players for any achievements from my seat or standing area is what I prefer too. 

I did go on pitch at Millmoor in early 80s but this was getting away from a crush on Tivoli when coppers came running through swinging batons at fighting fans. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

And what percentage of pitch invasions result in death or serious injury?

I don't expect these figures will be easily found but we both know it will be a miniscule proportion of the above. 

I think the answer to that is 'a growing percentage' 

Hence why it needs dealing with

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think the answer to that is 'a growing percentage' 

Hence why it needs dealing with

0.0001% to 0.00011% is technically a growing percentage.

Although the law states pitch invasions are illegal the clubs have pretty much waved them on. As you said in a previous post they quietly quite like it.

Anyway it won't be a problem when the state rolls out it's face recognition, digital ID's and digitised currency.

The second you have step on the pitch an electronic fine for £150 will land in your inbox which will already have been deducted from your account.

That'll sort this out along with many other supposed societal 'ills' and there will be fk all you can do about it except comply.

Digital cotton wool.

8 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Although the law states pitch invasions are illegal the clubs have pretty much waved them on. As you said in a previous post they quietly quite like it.

Anyway it won't be a problem when the state rolls out it's face recognition, digital ID's and digitised currency.

The second you have step on the pitch an electronic fine for £150 will land in your inbox which will already have been deducted from your account.

That'll sort this out along with many other supposed societal 'ills' and there will be fk all you can do about it except comply.

Digital cotton wool.

Perhaps the majority need to suffer, because of the minority.

Perhaps that's what's wrong with society.

Always someone else's fault or problem. 

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, duncanidaho said:

first offence a warning.

third offence 3 matches.

I think you’re on to something here with a tiered system of deterrents.

1 hour ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Digital cotton wool.

Yeah I noticed that when they asked all the Prem managers about in in yesterdays press conferences that Guardiola when asked couldn’t bring himself to say to City fans under no circumstances run on if we win the league.

If they’re going to accept people are going to run on, they should be sensible and announce that they need to wait 30 seconds to let the opposition players off first. People obviously manage to control themselves and wait for the full time whistle so I think they should be able to give it a min and wait for that 

23 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Some of these scrotes would do well to remember that footballers are blokes whose job and entire lives have been spent around gyms and being physically fit.

At 45 years old, I reckon Patrick Viera would absolutely leather at least 98% of people on that pitch in a 1-on-1 fist fight. And it wouldn't be a close. An absolute battering.  

Not suggesting we start enabling players to start battering fans. Just an observation. 

I liked this but at the same time I’m not sure about it. They’re definitely in better condition than most blokes but stronger I’m not sure, different types of fitness. Most footballers aren’t very well built and would lift less than a bloke who weight trains regularly, it would be a disadvantage for them to carry too much muscle as you can’t run as well. 

Also even if they can win in a fight we don’t want to encourage that, one thing leads to another and what if when of these scrubbers is carrying a knife.

25 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

I liked this but at the same time I’m not sure about it. They’re definitely in better condition than most blokes but stronger I’m not sure, different types of fitness. Most footballers aren’t very well built and would lift less than a bloke who weight trains regularly, it would be a disadvantage for them to carry too much muscle as you can’t run as well. 

Also even if they can win in a fight we don’t want to encourage that, one thing leads to another and what if when of these scrubbers is carrying a knife.

As I said in my post, it was more a pointless observation really. I wouldn’t want to suggest that footballers start duking it out with pitch invaders.

There’s more to a scrap than weight training though. Can’t train your chin, and the core fitness you inherently need and train for as a footballer would stand them in decent stead I think. 

Like all those people who think they’d be able to chin Ronaldo. Almost all of them would get battered.

29 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

Never expected this thread to turn into a muscle density assessment

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

30 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

That's fine

We can employ gunboats on the river don outside to take em out with machine guns and rockets

Owlstalk Shop

On 20/05/2022 at 11:28, Bannofan said:

I'm not calling out the Palace player because that's pure ' Whataboutery' , and nothing to do with the point of fans feeling emboldened to abuse players, physically now as well as directly verbally. 

One man was assaulting another man at a football match, the altercation was caused by people at their own place of work, and took the vicious and violent assault off the field of play into the domain of the innocent bystander fans who were clearly seated inside the stand, trying to enjoy the game in a safety that any visitor should expect.  The man who caused the assault invaded the space of a woman in an unsafe, dangerous and volatile manner, and her response was to swipe at him.  And she is the one who is the abusive one?

Got ya.