Sunderland fan in peace

2 hours ago, Mackem1 said:

Thank you very much. Alex Neil in my opinion will stick around, hes started the job and got us up so mays well have a crack at the Championship. I think he will get some money yeah, but I also think our current hierarchy are wanting things run "Sensibly" Bearing in mind we are now in the same league as the mentioned teams, I dont think he is gaining much from moving.  Over to Sheff Wed.   What's your thoughts and opinions on next season?

You're a proper supporter of a proper football  club so I wish you all the best. We just didn't turn up and you were the best team over 2 legs so I have no complaints. I cannot wish Alex Neil well though. His PNE teams were quite simply cheats, not just a one off game, every time we played them. Only Billy Davies Forest rivalled them for wasting time, feigning injury etc.   Sunderland were going the same way in the second leg, 2 blatant dives and a career ending foul on Byers in the fifth minute went totally unpunished.   It was unnecessary as you were the best team.  People call it "managing the game" or "clever". i call it cheating.

• Like 3

Evening All.

How are we?

How's the summer months coming along? What's the news inside Hillsborough?  Thoughts and hopes for next season?

Not much footy about apart from England.

Whilst I will watch England play but certainly club before country. A few mates were over in Munich thoroughly enjoyable few days away but my god watching England is a boring hobby.....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Swfcsi said:

Painted the shed twice ,dug a hole for the Mrs then filled it in ,took the kids to there grandma's for there pocket money that goes on my beer ,prooned a bush that wasn't the wife's ,so all good thanks 

Ha Ha.  As much as I do love my football I also do like the "Boring summer months" however another couple of weeks and I will be wanting some footy, what are you pre-season friendly's? 

9 minutes ago, Mackem1 said:

Ha Ha.  As much as I do love my football I also do like the "Boring summer months" however another couple of weeks and I will be wanting some footy, what are you pre-season friendly's? 

Hare and hounds away

Coach and horses home

• Haha 2

Just now, Swfcsi said:

Harrogate is one and I think a couple in Scotland mate 

Harrogate is a great cheeky little one mind, I love pre-season games and the chance to go to grounds you'd otherwise not get to visit.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, marshy said:

As you’ve probably seen, we’re linked with a few but clearly nothing certain until over the line. Anything up there? 

Yeah I have mate, would you be happy with any of them, I always class this time of year as "Silly season" and until they are on the website with the obligatory scarf above the head photo I never believe the rumours, nothing major really up here and still all quiet.  Pre-season friendly away to Dundee United which I will go too

3 minutes ago, Swfcsi said:

Burnley and watford and Norwich for your next season ,bet that's been a while for your lot 

3 tough games there mind.  It certainly will be a tough season but that's what its all about, I honestly do hope you boys come up this season and will be casting an eye over your results

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Swfcsi said:

A team on the up Newcastle lol

Cant deny pal they are with all that money behind them.  I have a lot of great mates who are Geordies who go home and away.  I have total respect for any fan who goes to games regardless of the team

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Mackem1 said:

Evening All.

How are we?

How's the summer months coming along? What's the news inside Hillsborough?  Thoughts and hopes for next season?

Not much footy about apart from England.

Whilst I will watch England play but certainly club before country. A few mates were over in Munich thoroughly enjoyable few days away but my god watching England is a boring hobby.....

Had a meeting in Hetton le Hole in the week and called to see the Soldier statue in Seaham on way home.  Lovely part of the Country. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Birstall Owl said:

What's happening with the Stewart Donald, would Dreyfus not just look to take his shares on to have a bigger stake in the club m8?

Honestly not sure mate, Stewart Donald and Charlie Methvan are still lurking around, I have no actual hate for them like some up here do, they tried and failed.  I think, if, we had been promoted against Charlton at Wembley in the Play Off final it might have been a different story...   But as the old saying goes, everything happens for a reason, the young kid Dreyfus comes in and has apparently some family wealth behind him but as you rightly say seems very reluctant too purchase more shares / ownership in the club which you think would just be automatically the case to the average fan like us, the reasoning behind him not wanting to buy more shares is up in the air. 

Whats Wednesday ownership position, is everything find and dandy or not?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mackem1 said:

Cant deny pal they are with all that money behind them.  I have a lot of great mates who are Geordies who go home and away.  I have total respect for any fan who goes to games regardless of the team

Nah...it rankles with me mate

ive no gripe against Newcastle fans, but crikey!

They were always in the majority when moaning about such as Chelsea and Man city, and p*ssed off over Ashley and being outside the top 6, moaning about buying trophies  (As we all do),..... but all of a sudden its "Fair enough"?

Would we all take it?

Maybe

But I would still feel a bit ashamed of meself

Ive been on a Sunderland forum a fair few times this season, and to be honest, apart from the colour of the bloody thing..It could be us

Daft optimism, rampant pessimism, but without the sense of entitlement some clubs of a similar size have

Enjoyed your posts on here, don't be a stranger...We will pop in to see you next season

Play up The Wednesday...FFS!