Moore’s Future if Promotion isn’t reached

Yes for me. Need stability and Moore has started to get us going. We looked nowhere near a top 6 side for alot of this season and he's started to get the team to gel. Stick with him but expectations will be that next season we are right up there from the get go. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, parajack said:

Like i said,we dont see similar comments made re racism where critique of players is apparent....

If you say a player of colour has had a **** game,or is simply not good enough we dont see the 'racist' bias comments,only if its our manager

This just isn't true at all

Owlstalk Shop

22 hours ago, parajack said:

Who is doing that?.....I have seen critique of all our managers on Owlstalk,some not valid in my view,but all peoples opinions.....

Two schools of thought currently

(1) DM doing a great job in difficult circumstances

(2) DM underachieving with the squad he has got(variety of reasons)

Both views are perfectly legitimate.....

Yes, both view are perfectly legitimate.

The only opinion, which IMO is not legitimate is that some people here would throw the success of the club away just out of spite against the manager .

What happened on Owlstalk here on Saturday nothing to do with the two opinions mentioned by you.

Trying to fire a manager after a draw, while we are 5th in the league,  cannot explained by ambitions or critique of a manager. That's something else.

I call it rasism. How do you call it?

BTW: I am not referring to this thread, but to the one.
(This OP asks for the end of the season, which is a different story)

I just really think we have more chance of going up next season (if we fail to this season) if we keep things as stable and ‘as you were’ as possible with a few additions.

For the love of god let’s buck the trend and give a manager some time to build something sustainable. 

I don’t think we’ve had a perfect season but I also think we’ve been dealt a bad hand with injuries. It’s also a bit of a freak season in terms of the points needed to finish in that final play off place.

I desperately hope we just stick with it whatever happens because I honestly can’t be bothered waiting for another manager to bed his philosophy in and backroom staff etc. 

• Like 2

On 10/04/2022 at 09:44, GermanBird said:

I would stick with him 100 %.

As many others, I often struggle with his tactics or line-ups    (but I do that will all managers)

The important factor for me is that we have a club, we all can be proud of and which develops into the right direction.

For me it doesn't matter, if we succeed a year earlier or later, for me it is much more important that the success is sustainable and that we enjoy the way there.

I've enjoyed this season - from a dressing-room full of strangers who had to get to know each other's strengths.  We seem to have a pattern and at last a reliable home record.  Yes, the away system could be better, but it could also be worse.  If we get promo, I'll be delighted, if not, I shan't lose any sleep knowing foundations have been put in place, unless of course it's all change again and we're back where we started....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, poite said:

Yes for me. Need stability and Moore has started to get us going. We looked nowhere near a top 6 side for alot of this season and he's started to get the team to gel. Stick with him but expectations will be that next season we are right up there from the get go. 

Totally agree.

I find it baffling that some of our fans think 5th place, a 64% win ratio since February and just two defeats in the last fourteen games is cause for sacking the manager. We're all entitled to an opinion I suppose.

But isn't replacing the manager a huge risk in itself? At least we're very much in the promotion hunt as the season draws to a close. There is absolutely no guarantee that any replacement is going to do better than Darren Moore; they may even be much worse.  Why not see if he can deliver sustained improvement rather than demanding his dismissal every time we drop points.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GermanBird said:

The only opinion, which IMO is not legitimate is that some people here would throw the success of the club away just out of spite against the manager .

What happened on Owlstalk here on Saturday nothing to do with the two opinions mentioned by you.

Trying to fire a manager after a draw, while we are 5th in the league,  cannot explained by ambitions or critique of a manager. That's something else.

I call it people bitterly dissapointed with our manager...going off on one,because they fear slipping out of a play off place...TP got much worse from just about everyone, as did Jos,(a Foreign National) didnt hear shouts of 'racism' when he got called all the names under the Sun...GM got panned by just about everyone except me and Owlstalk.....

It is of course a ridiculous comment to call for a manager to be sacked in a run up to the play offs,with so few games left...I have seen no evidence of racism, DISLIKE of the manager,his tactics, etc even if unfair(like GM & arguably TP) is just that.....

People call for managers to be sacked all the time,especially at SWFC....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Totally agree.

I find it baffling that some of our fans think 5th place, a 64% win ratio since February and just two defeats in the last fourteen games is cause for sacking the manager. We're all entitled to an opinion I suppose.

But isn't replacing the manager a huge risk in itself? At least we're very much in the promotion hunt as the season draws to a close. There is absolutely no guarantee that any replacement is going to do better than Darren Moore; they may even be much worse.  Why not see if he can deliver sustained improvement rather than demanding his dismissal every time we drop points.

Its WHY we drop the points thats causing the frustration.......Initially the lone striker and playing it out....the negative at times outlook our manager seems to have, strange player choices & subs eg prefering NML with Gregory,rather than Patto or Berahinio   Our sides seeming inability to defend a set piece

Droping points and drawing or losing matchs very late in games....

DM expected to make the right decisions on player selection and get his tactics and game management right.....expected to coach the mistakes out....

And NO 5th place in Division 3 ISNT GOOD ENOUGH....no....Your getting 'dazzled; by the thought of securing a play off place.

Edited by parajack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

This just isn't true at all

I am of course referrring to our Forum,as we all know/see/hear comments in wider society of which football is a part of.Unless people have been booted off,and comments deleted I dont recall seeing threads or comments that were 'overtly' racist or posts aimed only at our Black players...

3 hours ago, GermanBird said:

Not one person on here is criticising moore because of his colour of his skin ffs

You seriously need to grow up 

Life is full of people criticising each other 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, FlyingOwl said:

I just really think we have more chance of going up next season (if we fail to this season) if we keep things as stable and ‘as you were’ as possible with a few additions.

For the love of god let’s buck the trend and give a manager some time to build something sustainable. 

I don’t think we’ve had a perfect season but I also think we’ve been dealt a bad hand with injuries. It’s also a bit of a freak season in terms of the points needed to finish in that final play off place.

I desperately hope we just stick with it whatever happens because I honestly can’t be bothered waiting for another manager to bed his philosophy in and backroom staff etc. 

It's a freak season because outside the top 10 teams the league is Garbage with most teams on a shoestring after last couple of years covid after effects.

1 hour ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

It's a freak season because outside the top 10 teams the league is Garbage with most teams on a shoestring after last couple of years covid after effects.

Yep Rovrum going in free fall if IF PW cant rev them up,LOST AGAIN LAST NIGHT.. & Wigan held to a draw last night.......Darren just got to steady our own ship for a final run...Season may yet hold a few surprises..WAWAW