Floodlights

10 hours ago, mogbad said:

The floodlights are over 25 years old and we can no longer get parts for them when individual lights fail, hence nearly a third of them are no longer usable.

We can't fit LED bulbs into the old units so the entire system needs replacing.

This.

my mates company went to quote the job.

as you can expect it can be very hard to explain to DC & co.

21 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

Thats the only reason he wants the dali system installed I tried to argue that it would be more useful being able to drop the power settings to keep to set lux levels

What's your take on it given that the lights are now probably below standards, is DC going to have to bite the bullet and get the system replaced this summer.

12 minutes ago, richowl said:

This.

my mates company went to quote the job.

as you can expect it can be very hard to explain to DC & co.

how much was the quote. 

ball park figure. 

2 minutes ago, ANDY said:

how much was the quote. 

ball park figure. 

I don’t know.

all I know is he overpriced it because he didn’t want the job & it was like talking to a brick wall. They wanted to reuse/modify/bodge what was already in place.

1 minute ago, richowl said:

I don’t know.

all I know is he overpriced it because he didn’t want the job & it was like talking to a brick wall. They wanted to reuse/modify/bodge what was already in place.

now why doesn’t that last sentence surprise me. 

What annoys me is when there are legitimately issues at our club like the boiler for undersoil heating or with the floodlights, that we get the same fans coming on telling us there's no issues, that people are just making it up, that we shouldn't be discussing it as it's lies etc etc

Then it always transpires that the issue DOES exist 

Can we all agree now to cut out the nonsense of the same few fans coming on to tell us there's no issue and that we shouldn't be discussing? 

It would just cut out a load of painful conversations about them trying to censor and stifle what we can discuss, and would also cut out their repeatedly being proven wrong too

Ta

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, mogbad said:

What's your take on it given that the lights are now probably below standards, is DC going to have to bite the bullet and get the system replaced this summer.

It may happen 

Also depending on how the fa are feeling then it may have to happen if we do gain promotion 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What annoys me is when there are legitimately issues at our club like the boiler for undersoil heating or with the floodlights, that we get the same fans coming on telling us there's no issues, that people are just making it up, that we shouldn't be discussing it as it's lies etc etc

Can we all agree now to cut out the nonsense of the same few fans coming on to tell us there's no issue and that we shouldn't be discussing? 

It would just cut out a load of painful conversations about them trying to censor and stifle what we can discuss, and would also cut out their repeatedly being proven wrong too

Ta

The lights are clearly coming to the end of their life. I would expect that the time is approaching when we will be obliged to change to LED lights which are brighter and use less electricity.

For what its worth I think the lights currently do their job adequately and given our current financial situation it makes sense to postpone the expenditure involved in a replacement system although I doubt that the delay will be for very much longer.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

The lights are clearly coming to the end of their life. I would expect that the time is approaching when we will be obliged to change to LED lights which are brighter and use less electricity.

For what its worth I think the lights currently do their job adequately and given our current financial situation it makes sense to postpone the expenditure involved in a replacement system although I doubt that the delay will be for very much longer.

Agreed

ideally the time to change them would be during closed season as we prepare for the new season in the Championship 

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

So the low figure that was put on earlier in thread was a little to low for the cheapest quote and urs isn't quite enough for the most expensive one 

I went for £2m plus as I was speaking to a pig fan at the weekend who reckoned their new lights cost £2.5m.

1 hour ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

be obliged to change to LED lights which are brighter and use less electricity.

Generally a 1000w led would replace a 2000w halide and get the same light output. So half the power usage.

But the cost of led fittings is far more expensive...far more.

The club would never 'save' money or get a roi by switching to Led.

Given the previous lighting was good for over 20yrs I can understand the club looking to repair or replace with the same.

That's what I would be looking to do at this present time.

We could be in this league next season and no money for players cos Chansiry had splashed £3m on all singing and dancing led's. Bet that would go down well.

Or Chansiri could write a strongly worded letter to the landlord for not maintaining the stadium properly.🤔

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Ta

This.

Does my head in when fans seemingly are prepared to make excuses for third rate infrastructure for fear of bad mouthing the chairman. 

8 hours ago, westy365owl said:

How much do you think it would cost and I will tell you if your close to the figures quoted

8 hours ago, kirksandallowl said:

I’m guessing of the order £250k

8 hours ago, mogbad said:

I'll go for £2m plus

my guess was gonna be about a million. 

im guessing it’ll need new wiring. Transformer circuit panels etc. 

or is it a case of just swapping one unit for another. 

im also surmising we won’t need as many units as we currently have seeing as the LEF are brighter.