Floodlights

6 minutes ago, Broncolives said:

Does anyone know why two thirds of the lights on the kop roof and one third of the ones on the Leppings Lane stand are not on during the game. They have been out for at least the last two games.

Have you seen energy prices recently?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It is dark, especially in the goal mouth. I noticed that shadows were being cast in the goal mouths. Now I'm not using it as an excuse but, their goal at the kop end "could" have been in part due to the fact that for every player in and around the six yard area there was also a shadow cast. Yes it took a deflection but regardless it should be so much lighter.

The floodlights are over 25 years old and we can no longer get parts for them when individual lights fail, hence nearly a third of them are no longer usable.

We can't fit LED bulbs into the old units so the entire system needs replacing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think when we all get the fuel and gas and electric price hikes in April we will ALL be sat at home in the dark with the lights and heating off - that's for sure

Too right. The hikes in April projected by my supplier (along of course with all other suppliers) is staggering .

On topic, the lights were plenty bright enough last night.

• Like 1

Guest mrbluesky

Could be a decision by team management? Lighting on the pitch/ eyes

I'm grabbing at straws, but lets put it in the mix!!

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I think when we all get the fuel and gas and electric price hikes in April we will ALL be sat at home in the dark with the lights and heating off - that's for sure

Correct, our fixed tariff runs out at end of March and monthly payment is increasing from £96 per month to £159. :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The coach said:

Ive been running round coach towers for years turnin ligjts off and radiators down..now ah lass beats me too it😂

My missus told me yesterday a couple of people she works with have been advised by their energy companies that basically their bills will double after April

Double

That's mad

And these are prices decided before the current Ukraine / Russia thing 

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop