Paterson & Berahino

Can't say that they look like a great forward partnership, although both of them are working hard and giving their all. They are doing well thanks to great midfield behind them and it is certainly a department We will have to improve if We go up. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Knock yourself out mate if it amuses you.

I'd like to think that it might make you reconsider the dogmatic approach you sometimes adopt on here, but if not, we might as well laugh about it, eh?

You made post after post campaigning for Kamberi and Sow to start ahead of our other forwards, based on their minutes per goal ratios, even suggesting Moore was 'missing the obvious' by not pairing them.

Then after 45 minutes of seeing it in action against Donny, you've now decided that actually Paterson and Berahino are the new dream team and that, when fit, Gregory 'doesn’t even get back in the starting Xl'.

The stats your were using two weeks ago to argue in favour of Kamberi and Sow are still in their favour.

If they were so important in helping us see the obvious last week, why aren't you using them now?

Or maybe, just maybe, might those stats - just like the ones you're using this week about points and goals since Gregory got injured - be just one part of a bigger picture with so many variables at play that to isolate one and try to hold it up as the answer to Wednesday's success is misguided at best?

8 hours ago, malek said:

Can't say that they look like a great forward partnership, although both of them are working hard and giving their all. They are doing well thanks to great midfield behind them and it is certainly a department We will have to improve if We go up. 

One step at a time.

Let’s make the play-offs first, and let’s win the second.

Next season is another book, let alone another chapter. Though I’m thinking we take the Championship by storm using the revolutionary 7-3-0 formation using our 7 Championship quality CBs.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'd like to think that it might make you reconsider the dogmatic approach you sometimes adopt on here, but if not, we might as well laugh about it, eh?

You made post after post campaigning for Kamberi and Sow to start ahead of our other forwards, based on their minutes per goal ratios, even suggesting Moore was 'missing the obvious' by not pairing them.

Then after 45 minutes of seeing it in action against Donny, you've now decided that actually Paterson and Berahino are the new dream team and that, when fit, Gregory 'doesn’t even get back in the starting Xl'.

The stats your were using two weeks ago to argue in favour of Kamberi and Sow are still in their favour.

If they were so important in helping us see the obvious last week, why aren't you using them now?

Or maybe, just maybe, might those stats - just like the ones you're using this week about points and goals since Gregory got injured - be just one part of a bigger picture with so many variables at play that to isolate one and try to hold it up as the answer to Wednesday's success is misguided at best?

If you get a kick out of trawling through other posters’ posts to select selective portions of selective posts, to twist meaning, then fine - enjoy.

But I won’t bore myself or others by joining in. 

With respect, move on please. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

Thought berahino was crap today apart from a few decent touches. 

In the second half when Paterson was away down the left wing berahino was just.jogging to get up with him.

Thought it was Johnson down the left, but either way Berahino should have been busting a gut to get into the box ( I was busting a gut, just screaming at him to get in’t box) but he literally just jogged it. 

8 minutes ago, Albertowl said:

Thought it was Johnson down the left, but either way Berahino should have been busting a gut to get into the box ( I was busting a gut, just screaming at him to get in’t box) but he literally just jogged it. 

Either ither he wasn't knocking his pipe out to say the least

29 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

If you get a kick out of trawling through other posters’ posts to select selective portions of selective posts, to twist meaning, then fine - enjoy.

But I won’t bore myself or others by joining in. 

With respect, move on please. 

There was no need to trawl through anything - the forum was full of your posts calling for Kamberi and Sow. 

It's not about 'getting a kick', either - I'm just discussing the posts.

If you'd rather not discuss it though, then fair enough.

13 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

There was no need to trawl through anything - the forum was full of your posts calling for Kamberi and Sow. 

It's not about 'getting a kick', either - I'm just discussing the posts.

If you'd rather not discuss it though, then fair enough.

Thank you

2 minutes ago, Liam_Baggies said:

I think it’s a case of them suiting the conditions too.

Both are physically strong and it enables the team to push further up the pitch.

That pitch is difficult to play on so you’re good to need a focal point and a threat down those channels. Both excelled at this yesterday.

How is Reach doing for you 

or cruncher as he was known here 

• Haha 3

Paterson worked his arse of yesterday and deservedly got on the end of a great move to get his goal. Berahino has gone from being dead weight to being a useful member of the crew. I think they start as a pairing until Gregory is fit. At that point DM has to decide who partners Gregory. For me if Berahino keeps improving he could make that spot his own.

The return of Windass is such an unknown it’s not really worth worrying about but for me I like him as an impact sub because you can put him on a as a replacement for a striker or in a free role along side strikers if chasing a game. 

The biggest surprise for me is that our actual goal scoring hero is George Byers. Who’d have thought that earlier in the season?

• Like 1

The biggest reason we have started playing better( and as a result strikers getting service) is we have players now playing in their natural positions? Storey hutch coming into cb instead of Johnson and co playing there, Johnson playing as a natural wing back, then Byers and loungo coming into the middle allowing Bannan to go wherever he wants all making us stronger more organised and actually looking like a ‘team’? There is now more of a chance our front players actually can bother the opposite defenders and doesn’t matter who been playing up top we still look like we can score! Which up to Xmas we wasn’t really doing that? Still think Gregory and windass will be the best combo when both fit uto 

Patterson was his usual self made it extremely hard for them unfortunately for berahino still needs to be a bit sharper and stronger thought he might have scored today. If we are to get out of this league we need windass and Gregory back 

Thought they have both done really well and won us last 2 games.Sow and Kamberi not good enough im afraid.

Think it's all going to be about who fits in with Windass and who we are playing.

Any partnership out of 4 of em,Gregory, Windass, Berihino and Patto for the run in,be nice to have all 6 forwards fit tho at once to choose from.

Personally I'd give Windass and Berhino a run together as both the most technical,if they clicked it would be frightening.Be like Hirst and Bright.

UTO