Paterson & Berahino

Paterson's goal scoring record isn't a thing of beauty, but the two recent goals has made it slightly more respectable.

In the league he's 21 games (7 as sub) and 4 goals, but I reckon 2 of those games were at centre-back, another two at right wing-back, two in midfield and two more on the wing.

Playing purely as a striker he's got 3 goals in 13 starts and 4 sub appearances. But one of those starts he went off with concussion after 10 minutes at Charlton, and two of the sub appearances were just 4 minutes and 10 minutes respectively. Plus I think in at least a couple of the games where he has started as a striker he later dropped back into midfield to help see out the game.

So it is something like 3 in 12 full games (360 mins per goal).

7 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Personally I'd give Windass and Berhino a run together as both the most technical,if they clicked it would be frightening.Be like Hirst and Bright.

UTO

Agree with the Hirst/Windass comparison, both had a burst of pace a fierce shot. But I'd say Gregory is more similar in style to Bright (combination of target man, put themselves about but good at getting on end of stuff in the box). Berahino as a stockier, more goal poacher type would be more Jemson or Whittingham maybe from Hirst's era?

(And before anyone pipes up, not saying they are as good as Hirst, Bright, etc., just similar styles of player)

• Like 1

noticed that with Saido looks much harder to shake off the ball now and has intelligence, glad he is playing a part now after the hype when signing. As mst have said Gregory/Windass the ideal choice but in terms of the pairing now they give us a focal point to play up field and stage composed attacks even if less dangerous in attack like the others. A true bonus cos at Donny we looked out of ideas half time.

both done considerably more than Kamberi and Sow lately. That first half at Donny was one of the most pathetic I've seen from a strike partnership for some time. For me the order of strikers is Gregory, Windass, Paterson, Berahino, Kamberi, Sow. If Gregory and Windass get back fit then i'd hope that the latter two don't ever make the bench again