Players everybody slated but you thought were alright

17 minutes ago, Ian said:

No, where are the ones that offered him new contracts and picked him

Bruce was working in the premiership up until not long back. Carlos is doing well in Portugal, god knows where Pullis is but he has a very good managerial record. Very good players like Bannan etc. clearly rated him too.

3 minutes ago, OwlinOldham said:

Can defo see something in Sow,  just dont think hes suited to how we play at the moment. He does seem pretty fast and able to spot a pass. Plus he has some lovely touches at times. 

I agree. I also think we are wasting his "form" period, leaving him on the bench at the moment. But in big Daz I trust. 

15 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

Fox, Kamberi, Sow. 

Strongly agree with you on Kamberi - he’s prone to missing a sitter or two and making the occasional poor decision, but his work rate is phenomenal and I don’t think it’s just a coincidence that we win over 2 points a game when he plays. Some people just have to slag someone off though, even when we’re doing alright 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Strongly agree with you on Kamberi - he’s prone to missing a sitter or two and making the occasional poor decision, but his work rate is phenomenal and I don’t think it’s just a coincidence that we win over 2 points a game when he plays. Some people just have to slag someone off though, even when we’re doing alright 

He leads the press. Im not sure we would have the same tempo without him. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

He leads the press. Im not sure we would have the same tempo without him. 

100%. That tempo’s been crucial to our recent good performances (along with having proper centre halves and Luongo playing). Kamberi and Windass would be my first choice partnership up front if everyone was fit - Gregory’s a good player but the overall intensity of the team is better with Kamberi

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ian said:

What’s your point?

That Nuhiu wasn’t widely slated or that he can be bracketed with Hirst and Wilson?

need to know for the paperwork to get you committed 

He was only slated by you, so ‘ narrowly’ slated not widely slated.

As our second greatest goalscorer in the last 25 years he is of course bracketed with the all time greats of the club.

as I pointed out to someone the other day, Adthe’s SWFC goal tally is more than so called  legends Sheridan, waddle , Nilsson, walker combined . 

20 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

He was only slated by you, so ‘ narrowly’ slated not widely slated.

As our second greatest goalscorer in the last 25 years he is of course bracketed with the all time greats of the club.

as I pointed out to someone the other day, Adthe’s SWFC goal tally is more than so called  legends Sheridan, waddle , Nilsson, walker combined . 

Pelupessy's goal tally is more than Des Walker's, doesn't make him a legend!

1 hour ago, beswetherick said:

Kamberi needs to add more to his game to be successful.

Yes he has a good work rate, puts himself about and gives 100%,  but that should be a prerequisite of every player.

His first touch is usually terrible, he can't head the ball and lacks composure in front of goal.

He's scored 2 goals at Hillsborough in 10 league games. Without Gregory or Windass we are over reliant on the midfielders and wingers to get the goals.

Guest Giant Hogweed
14 hours ago, mcmigo said:

It is absolutely stupid that Nuhiu is even in this thread. It is a thread about players who were widely slated but some thought were ok.

Nuhiu is our second highest goalscorer since David Hirst and our top goal scorer in the last decade . The thread is about random players who were ok, not our all time greats like Nuhiu, Hirst , Wilson etc 

That has made me laugh out loud😆