Players everybody slated but you thought were alright

Rhodes to be honest. 

He wasn't the deadly goal scorer we all expected, wanted and desperately needed but I always felt we were a better team when he was in the squad. His reputation counted for something on the field. Opposing players pulled towards him and it opened up opportunities for other players. For me thats why he was always more effective in a two upfront. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, folger said:

Darren Potter.

I think there was a player in there… he went on to MK Dons in a system that suited him more, more on the ball / passing style. 

I’m sure him and JOC were in the team that beat Sheffield United too?  And despite him being weak, and looking weak he got stuck in and had a bandaged head even !  😯

The 3 corners things doesn’t even bother me too much - yes they were in succession but our corners aren’t much good at the best of times. 

• Like 1

main one for me is Chris Woods. Usually gets slagged off mainly cos his two worst errors came in a cup final and a Sheffield derby but he won 40+ caps for England and I saw him have many superb games for Wednesday. A tremendous keeper.

Always thought Peter Atherton was a very good defender who never got much credit. And I like Liam Palmer but all my mates think he’s dreadful.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, paulrs said:

main one for me is Chris Woods. Usually gets slagged off mainly cos his two worst errors came in a cup final and a Sheffield derby but he won 40+ caps for England and I saw him have many superb games for Wednesday. A tremendous keeper.

Always thought Peter Atherton was a very good defender who never got much credit. And I like Liam Palmer but all my mates think he’s dreadful.

Atherton I guess gers dragged a lot because he wasn't Roland Nilsson.

Bit like my suggestion - Camsron Dawson. Harshly treated because he isn't Keiren Westwood.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tamworthowl said:

Darren Purse

When we signed him, I thought he was an awful signing, well past his best and he’d be another aging player using Wednesday for a pension boost. I couldn’t fathom why most fans thought “great signing”.

After a few games, most fans changed their mind and said “poor player” etc whereas I thought has was actually a lot better than I expected and suffered because he was forever covering for the disaster that was Michael Morrison. 

Purse played two matches with Morrison then left the club.

1 hour ago, poite said:

Rhodes to be honest. 

He wasn't the deadly goal scorer we all expected, wanted and desperately needed but I always felt we were a better team when he was in the squad. His reputation counted for something on the field. Opposing players pulled towards him and it opened up opportunities for other players. For me thats why he was always more effective in a two upfront. 

And he also did a lot more off the ball than people ever gave him any credit for either.

• Like 1

Obvious one is Nuihu, total marmite player for our fanbase.

If he had been a foot shorter and not just used as a target man, probs would have scored a few more for us. However, he was over 6ft 2 tall, so automatically he was expected to be mint in the air.