The incident with the female referees assistant

3 minutes ago, ANDY said:

if it was your mum/sister/daughter running the line yesterday would you have been happy with the sexist chants aimed at her ? 

Who mentioned Sex?

I’m on about referees in general 

disagree with sexist chants but I don’t disagree with chants towards the ref

Edited by WendyOK

3 minutes ago, WendyOK said:

Have you ever actually spoken to a referee? They absolutely love it. 

What a stupid pathetic comment…..even assuming that you have spoken to a referee you definitely haven’t spoken to all of them and I’m sure even if you were correct in your thoughts that one or 529 love it that even they would have a cut off of what they’d find acceptable

9 hours ago, Kelfin Platz said:

Once somethings been thrown, whatever it is i'd expect them to be thinking what's coming next.

This 100%

Anyone who can’t understand this shouldn’t be allowed out without a carer

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

What a stupid pathetic comment…..even assuming that you have spoken to a referee you definitely haven’t spoken to all of them and I’m sure even if you were correct in your thoughts that one or 529 love it that even they would have a cut off of what they’d find acceptable

Yes, you’re probably right but you would be surprised. The ones I have spoken too tend to like it because it makes them feel part of the game. End of the day they’re football loving individuals that’s why they do it.

No problem with giving the ref some jip for me, you’d do the same to opposition managers and players 

16 minutes ago, ANDY said:

if it was your mum/sister/daughter running the line yesterday would you have been happy with the sexist chants aimed at her ? 

Would you be happy if your dad brother son husband played in net for Morecambe and got called a fat bstd all game? Or is one acceptable and one not as it’s aimed towards a referee? 

(not on about sexist chants, they are wrong.  I mean chants aimed at a referee in general) 

• Like 1

Before too long, people will be kicked out of football grounds because they looked at someone else in a certain way that the other person did not like.

I don't like the direction of travel.

This arguing the throw over who said what and why, and others deciding their opinions are more worthy than others' commenced when the ordinary common or garden working class gadgie was priced out of football to be replaced by Tarquin and Jasmine, middle class Audi owners and part time badminton players.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Refs and assistants will always get abuse aimed at them. 

asking if they’re blind or need to go to spec savers or questioning wether they’re fit to referee is one thing. 

lowering it to vile sexist chants is another and is unacceptable. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, ANDY said:

Refs and assistants will always get abuse aimed at them. 

asking if they’re blind or need to go to spec savers or questioning wether they’re fit to referee is one thing. 

lowering it to vile sexist chants is another and is unacceptable. 

I'm not suggesting you have some shuttlecocks Andy btw.

• Haha 2

Guest 1banana2banana

I think a few of our fans would be better suited to watching ice hockey. Fans sit with each other, nice music in between breaks in play, foam fingers being pointed not real ones. 

agree if something was thrown onto the pitch but since when did having a joke and a pop at the linesman/woman become a crime? If they are fat, they get abuse about it, if it’s a woman she will more than likely get the kitchen comments…. Just one of those jobs similar to parking wardens. 

Edited by 1banana2banana

1 hour ago, ANDY said:

To be honest mate I don’t think wednesday fans would have sung “get yer titś out for the lads” if the male Lino was at our end. 

The fact that the assistant deemed it necessary to bring it to the refs attention means it will go in his match report. 

This will go up the chain and could result in a fine and/or points deduction at the worst. Or a reduced allocation of tickets for future games. 

It also reduces money coming into the club in other ways too, as female (or male) fans might not enjoy spending another 30 quid to be part of the crowd chanting sexist abuse.

• Like 1

Guest 123adam789
14 hours ago, Ian said:

You are bing the *********. The original point was about the size of the object…..that it was “only” the size of a ping pong ball……my point was that something a fraction of the size of a ping pong ball could easily harm someone.

irrespective of that, chucking anything, of any size and content at anyone is unacceptable. Those that try to excuse this type of behaviour are nearly as bad as those who do it

No one is excusing the behaviour of anyone throwing something at someone whether its a football match or not. Neither you, the club or anyone  else as actual shown any proof anything was thrown at the AR. It really is getting a little OTT. Rotherham have more serious problems than we do. The item in question was literally 40 feet from where I stood and I still cannot say what it was except it was white and smaller than golf ball. 

20 minutes ago, 123adam789 said:

No one is excusing the behaviour of anyone throwing something at someone whether its a football match or not. Neither you, the club or anyone  else as actual shown any proof anything was thrown at the AR. It really is getting a little OTT. Rotherham have more serious problems than we do. The item in question was literally 40 feet from where I stood and I still cannot say what it was except it was white and smaller than golf ball. 

Its was very much closer to where I was and I have said exactly what it was......but here's the thing you don't seem to get.....it really doesnt matter what it was......just that it was

1 hour ago, WendyOK said:

Would you be happy if your dad brother son husband played in net for Morecambe and got called a fat bstd all game? Or is one acceptable and one not as it’s aimed towards a referee? 

(not on about sexist chants, they are wrong.  I mean chants aimed at a referee in general) 

Ok. So why is it ok to take the ******** out of a player because he is overweight?

why is it ok to make fun of a player because he is under average height?

why is it ok to make fun of a player because he is prematurely bald?

why is it ok to make fun of players because of their hair colour.

is it ok to make fun of a player who was convicted of a criminal offence?

All these things happen without comment.

is it ok to to make fun of a referee or linesman for the same reason, or are their different rules for players and officials?

is it ok to take the mickey out of fans of other clubs because of their poor dress sense, or their alleged fondness for their sister? Is it ok to make fun because one of the most famous people from their city is an alleged paedophilic  or because their town had a problem with grooming gangs?

or is it different rules for fans/ refs/players.

6 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Ok. So why is it ok to take the ******** out of a player because he is overweight?

why is it ok to make fun of a player because he is under average height?

why is it ok to make fun of a player because he is prematurely bald?

why is it ok to make fun of players because of their hair colour.

is it ok to make fun of a player who was convicted of a criminal offence?

All these things happen without comment.

is it ok to to make fun of a referee or linesman for the same reason, or are their different rules for players and officials?

is it ok to take the mickey out of fans of other clubs because of their poor dress sense, or their alleged fondness for their sister? Is it ok to make fun because one of the most famous people from their city is an alleged paedophilic  or because their town had a problem with grooming gangs?

or is it different rules for fans/ refs/players.

The apologist club is really gaining traction......do you have a get together each week where you all call each other names and laugh about it.

And to answer your first 4 questions....it isnt.....I'm not going to go all high and mighty because ive taken part myself and its all seen as a laugh.....unless of course you are in one of those brackets....or your kids are

But.......and Im really not sure what people dont get about this......chucking stuff at the officials is a completely different thing

• Love 1

45 minutes ago, 123adam789 said:

Neither you, the club or anyone  else as actual shown any proof anything was thrown at the AR.  

Ahhhh this one

This one 

It always crops up when something goes off

"Can anyone prove it actually happened?" excuse mob come out to play

"was it actually a Wednesday fan though?" etc etc

Every time

Every incident

Same questions

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, 1banana2banana said:

I think a few of our fans would be better suited to watching ice hockey. Fans sit with each other, nice music in between breaks in play, foam fingers being pointed not real ones. 

agree if something was thrown onto the pitch but since when did having a joke and a pop at the linesman/woman become a crime? If they are fat, they get abuse about it, if it’s a woman she will more than likely get the kitchen comments…. Just one of those jobs similar to parking wardens. 

Nice and classy that mate

Owlstalk Shop