The incident with the female referees assistant

Guest Saracen7
8 hours ago, Kelfin Platz said:

Oh, tell us more. What were they singing. I've been trying to find out all night.

From male fans near me, and on a regular basis towards the end of the game:

What's between your legs, flower?

Get back to the ******** kitchen.

You're a ******** woman with a fat arse.

Sexist, because it's about being female, stereotyped, and nothing equivalent to that was being shouted at the other (male) officials when they made mistakes.

6 minutes ago, ANDY said:

im not “white knighting” her to coin your phrase. 

she had an average game. She was on the side closest to the wednesday fans so was going to come under more scrutiny. 

Some decisions were wrong. Some right. It’s part and parcel of the game. What she didn’t deserve was misogynistic chants aimed at her. 

its 2022 not 1982

👆👆 bang on

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, ANDY said:

im not “white knighting” her to coin your phrase. 

she had an average game. She was on the side closest to the wednesday fans so was going to come under more scrutiny. 

Some decisions were wrong. Some right. It’s part and parcel of the game. What she didn’t deserve was misogynistic chants aimed at her. 

its 2022 not 1982

Yes, as time passes, some things that were once acceptable are no longer so. Your two bullet pointed post was about her decisions as a lino, so I had to deduct from that, that you were taking the stance you did because she was a female official. That's the reason for the white Knight comment. 

Ask yourself, if she had been a male lino, would your post have been the same? Would there even have been a post?

16 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

Yes, as time passes, some things that were once acceptable are no longer so. Your two bullet pointed post was about her decisions as a lino, so I had to deduct from that, that you were taking the stance you did because she was a female official. That's the reason for the white Knight comment. 

Ask yourself, if she had been a male lino, would your post have been the same? Would there even have been a post?

yes

because throwing stuff at officials is wrong no matter the race/colour/gender of any official. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ANDY said:

where did I swerve ?  You asked if I would have posted if it was a male lino. I said I would. 

Hardly swerving the question. 

No, I said your post, which had two bullet points about the linos decisions was the reason I made the white Knight comment. I asked you if your post would have been the same if it was a male lino. 

I think what you're saying is that you would still have posted but it would just have been about the throwing of an object onto the pitch. Fair enough. 

But you swerved what I asked. 

To be honest mate I don’t think wednesday fans would have sung “get yer titś out for the lads” if the male Lino was at our end. 

The fact that the assistant deemed it necessary to bring it to the refs attention means it will go in his match report. 

This will go up the chain and could result in a fine and/or points deduction at the worst. Or a reduced allocation of tickets for future games. 

1 minute ago, ANDY said:

To be honest mate I don’t think wednesday fans would have sung “get yer titś out for the lads” if the male Lino was at our end. 

The fact that the assistant deemed it necessary to bring it to the refs attention means it will go in his match report. 

This will go up the chain and could result in a fine and/or points deduction at the worst. Or a reduced allocation of tickets for future games. 

If we get points deducted for throwing a rolled up bit of paper at a lino, though I thought it was paper aeroplanes, what should happen to Rotherham after they had a game stopped last week for fans throwing coins at the lino and yesterday they had a fan run on pitch just as Accrington player was taking a penalty and fan kicked ball away and slapped penalty taker across face? 

3 minutes ago, bradowl said:

If we get points deducted for throwing a rolled up bit of paper at a lino, though I thought it was paper aeroplanes, what should happen to Rotherham after they had a game stopped last week for fans throwing coins at the lino and yesterday they had a fan run on pitch just as Accrington player was taking a penalty and fan kicked ball away and slapped penalty taker across face? 

im sure the authorities will look at every incident. 

after yesterdays games there’s a lot to go through 

2 hours ago, ANDY said:

I heard several renditions of “ get yer titś out for the lads” aimed at her. 

Didn’t hear any other comments

I didn’t know what was thrown but that’s irrelevant, the fact that something was thrown is the crux of the matter. 

not sure about BAFC security systems but if they did have cctv in that area then it won’t be too hard to pinpoint the culprit, but as someone stated already a person was ejected after the incident. 

anyone condoning this incident or brushing it off as a nothing incident is part of the problem not the solution 

I heard a few of those from behind the net, didn't hear anything from the side she was at.

• Like 1

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I heard a few of those from behind the net, didn't hear anything from the side she was at.

same here

wether it was these chants she was bringing to the refs attention or not we probably won’t find out. 

14 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Your post didn't say any of that. I don't seem to be able to convey what I mean when asking you a question, so I'll leave it there. 

Just now, ANDY said:

same here

wether it was these chants she was bringing to the refs attention or not we probably won’t find out. 

Was probably only a handful of people, the same morons signing the derby county song too I guess.

She would have heard them as she was behind the goal at the time.

What I don't understand is why it took the announcer 15 mins to say owt. It had passed by then.

14 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Whataboutery at it’s intellectually bankrupt finest.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bradowl said:

But mummy what about THEM over there?

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

You didn’t need to add the ‘but’ part 

I agree nothing should get thrown onto the pitch or at officials HOWEVER this whole ‘stop being nasty about the referee’ garbage is tiring.

Have you ever actually spoken to a referee? They absolutely love it. 

1 minute ago, WendyOK said:

I agree nothing should get thrown onto the pitch or at officials HOWEVER this whole ‘stop being nasty about the referee’ garbage is tiring.

Have you ever actually spoken to a referee? They absolutely love it. 

if it was your mum/sister/daughter running the line yesterday would you have been happy with the sexist chants aimed at her ?