The incident with the female referees assistant

12 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

Telling football fans they shouldn’t abuse officials when things go against them 

lol
not sure that’s going to happen 

Did I ever say it would happen? lol

The trouble is if the lines 'person' is female or coloured a certain number of fans will bring that into their abuse. That isn't acceptable these days, it's wrong because it's not because of their sex or skin colour that they make mistakes. It's also illegal and just downright wrong.

Abuse the officials if you must but keep sex or race out of it.

I can understand that tempers flare in the heat of the moment but officials do the best they can. They make mistakesbut then again we all do but 20,000 people aren't watching ours.

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ahhhh this one

This one 

It always crops up when something goes off

"Can anyone prove it actually happened?" excuse mob come out to play

"was it actually a Wednesday fan though?" etc etc

Every time

Every incident

Same questions

Kept get asked what fans were singing at the lineswomen even though I kept stating I couldnt make it out.

So of course it never happened and I was making it up.

Which is the first thing I do after a good away day.

Madness.

• Love 1

Guest 1banana2banana
1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Before too long, people will be kicked out of football grounds because they looked at someone else in a certain way that the other person did not like.

I don't like the direction of travel.

This arguing the throw over who said what and why, and others deciding their opinions are more worthy than others' commenced when the ordinary common or garden working class gadgie was priced out of football to be replaced by Tarquin and Jasmine, middle class Audi owners and part time badminton players.

That’s the progressives and their cancel culture. Nothing is ever enough and the goalposts keep moving. 

9 minutes ago, 1banana2banana said:

That’s the progressives and their cancel culture. Nothing is ever enough and the goalposts keep moving. 

You should also use the phrases 'Mainstream Media' (you can use 'MSM' if you like) and 'woke' too 

Why not?

Let's have the full house

It's the vocabulary of the intellectuals 

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

26 minutes ago, Ian said:

The apologist club is really gaining traction......do you have a get together each week where you all call each other names and laugh about it.

And to answer your first 4 questions....it isnt.....I'm not going to go all high and mighty because ive taken part myself and its all seen as a laugh.....unless of course you are in one of those brackets....or your kids are

But.......and Im really not sure what people dont get about this......chucking stuff at the officials is a completely different thing

I’m not apologising for anyone at all Ian. But here’s the problem, you say it’s definitely not ok to make fun of people because of their height ( a genetic trait). yet you are calling for people  to be banned from football for sexist abuse ( you said you didn’t hear and nobody has substantiated).

so when someone started a thread on here about Barry Bannans hight why weren’t you so vociferous in calling for that person to be banned from football? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I’m not apologising for anyone at all Ian. But here’s the problem, you say it’s definitely not ok to make fun of people because of their height ( a genetic trait). yet you are calling for people  to be banned from football for sexist abuse ( you said you didn’t hear and nobody has substantiated).

so when someone started a thread on here about Barry Bannans hight why weren’t you so vociferous in calling for that person to be banned from football? 

The person in question seems quite happy to throw personal abuse around on a forum as well. 

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Two people in this thread have substantiated it. Read the thread.

My apologies, I must have missed that. Most of the posts I read said they hadn’t heard anything, and Ian himself said he hadn’t heard it.

2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

My apologies, I must have missed that. Most of the posts I read said they hadn’t heard anything, and Ian himself said he hadn’t heard it.

In addition to the people on this thread saying they heard it, the stadium announcer had to make an announcement asking people to stop doing it after having been instructed by the match officials. I doubt the officials are going to make something like that up.

• Love 1

Just now, Emerson Thome said:

In addition to the people on this thread saying they heard it, the stadium announcer had to make an announcement asking people to stop doing it after having been instructed by the match officials. I doubt the officials are going to make something like that up.

It's best to not acknowledge these ones that come on saying 'did it really happen though? Nobody has proven it' or 'are you really sure it was Wednesday fans?' after every incident

Just pat them on their heads and say 'alreyt love.... alreyt' and send them on their way instead back to denialsville

Owlstalk Shop

6 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

This thread lol

Arguments over a piece of rolled up paper thrown at a lino and some wanting fans banned because of it. 

At one time we were throwing darts, coins, pool balls, apples, oranges, tomatoes and half an house brick at one another. 

Sorry for being stuck in 70s. lol

2 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Arguments over a piece of rolled up paper thrown at a lino and some wanting fans banned because of it. 

At one time we were throwing darts, coins, pool balls, apples, oranges, tomatoes and half an house brick at one another. 

Sorry for being stuck in 70s. lol

You'll be wanting the black and white minstrels back next

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Before too long, people will be kicked out of football grounds because they looked at someone else in a certain way that the other person did not like.

I don't like the direction of travel.

This arguing the throw over who said what and why, and others deciding their opinions are more worthy than others' commenced when the ordinary common or garden working class gadgie was priced out of football to be replaced by Tarquin and Jasmine, middle class Audi owners and part time badminton players.

Disgusted by the contempt that you have for working class fans to be honest 

• Haha 1