The incident with the female referees assistant

3 minutes ago, Kelfin Platz said:

Don't get nasty because you don't know the answer to the questions. You really need to scrutinise things more and not just accept what people tell you. I want to know what was shouted at the Refs Assistant. If you don't know, just say you don't know, and don't make things up, it really isn't difficult to understand.

You are trying to act smart when deep down you are defending the moron.

I had a great away day and am enjoying a beer right now.

As I said I didnt hear it exactly but other did and they were asked to stop.

You can think Im making things up.. or whatever and nail your flag to the mast.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Seems to be some absolute idiots going to away games at the minute. Not all the ones that go are like that obviously. 

You're spot on mate. What with the lads on the pitch at Crewe (IIRC) the other week and  now throwing things near the refs assistant we'll be losing allocations if it carries on. Once somethings been thrown, whatever it is i'd expect them to be thinking what's coming next.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

You are trying to act smart when deep down you are defending the moron.

I had a great away day and am enjoying a beer right now.

As I said I didnt hear it exactly but other did and they were asked to stop.

You can think Im making things up.. or whatever and nail your flag to the mast.

It's you what's nailed your flag to the mast. You make things up about what's been said or sung, then when asked what it actually was what was shouted or sung you want to tar me with the same brush as the person or persons what did the shouting even though you haven't a clue what was shouted. 

I'm guilty of something, because you have an agenda. All I want to do is find out what was said/sung/ shouted and you came along and made something up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kelfin Platz said:

It's you what's nailed your flag to the mast. You make things up about what's been said or sung, then when asked what it actually was what was shouted or sung you want to tar me with the same brush as the person or persons what did the shouting even though you haven't a clue what was shouted. 

I'm guilty of something, because you have an agenda. All I want to do is find out what was said/sung/ shouted and you came along and made something up.

I made nothing up.

I never claimed I knew what was sung except our fans were asked to stop singing it.

I stated several times I didnt hear the lyrics yet you keep asking me.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

I made nothing up.

I never claimed I knew what was sung except our fans were asked to stop singing it.

I stated several times I didnt hear the lyrics yet you keep asking me.

All you had to say was I didn’t hear what was said but I’m so gullible I believe owt anyone tells me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ian said:

You are bing the *********. The original point was about the size of the object…..that it was “only” the size of a ping pong ball……my point was that something a fraction of the size of a ping pong ball could easily harm someone.

irrespective of that, chucking anything, of any size and content at anyone is unacceptable. Those that try to excuse this type of behaviour are nearly as bad as those who do it

So you are banning catch now?  Cancel culture is truly here.

5 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Bullet/ping pong ball is a bit of silly argument.

What makes a bullet lethal is it being shot out of a gun, not the bullet itself.

If someone chucked a bullet at you it would hurt but wouldn't kill you. Someone shot a ping pong ball at you out of a gun it will likely kill you.

What about a sucked Werthers? They can be nasty.

I think it's all in the trajectory. An underarm throw can be accurate and sting a bit but wouldn't be lethal.

An over arm grenade style lob landing in the Barnet wouldn't hurt much but could be messy and a bugger to get out.

Perhaps some of the South stand ultras know.

Edited by Tommy Crawshaw

I heard several renditions of “ get yer titś out for the lads” aimed at her. 

Didn’t hear any other comments

I didn’t know what was thrown but that’s irrelevant, the fact that something was thrown is the crux of the matter. 

not sure about BAFC security systems but if they did have cctv in that area then it won’t be too hard to pinpoint the culprit, but as someone stated already a person was ejected after the incident. 

anyone condoning this incident or brushing it off as a nothing incident is part of the problem not the solution 

Edited by ANDY
  • Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

I agree nothing should get thrown onto the pitch or at officials but this whole ‘stop being nasty about the referee’ garbage is tiring.

Have you ever actually spoken to a referee? They absolutely love it. 

Edited by WendyOK

33 minutes ago, WendyOK said:

I agree nothing should get thrown onto the pitch or at officials but this whole ‘stop being nasty about the referee’ garbage is tiring.

Have you ever actually spoken to a referee? They absolutely love it. 

You didn’t need to add the ‘but’ part 

Owlstalk Shop

58 minutes ago, ANDY said:

I heard several renditions of “ get yer titś out for the lads” aimed at her. 

Didnt Herat any other comments

I didn’t know what was thrown but that’s irrelevant, the fact that something was thrown is the crux of the matter. 

not sure about BAFC security systems but if they did have cctv in that area then it won’t be too hard to pinpoint the culprit, but as someone stated already a person was ejected after the incident. 

anyone condoning this incident or brushing it off as a nothing incident is part of the problem not the solution 

THIS

Owlstalk Shop

So a geriatric should be fined for littering and get banned for for a handful of games and warned of his future behaviour. Fair enough, silly old tvvat. 

But why the white knighting for the female official? Not heard you doing it for male equivalent. I mean, it's you who is treating her differently then isn't it. Officials have always got abuse for their crap decisions (subjective). Your interpretation of them is no more valid than the next person. 

Why not enjoy the victory and stop trying to be the moral compass on every issue. 

I thought the throwing of sausage rolls was much worse, what a waste. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

So a geriatric should be fined for littering and get banned for for a handful of games and warned of his future behaviour. Fair enough, silly old tvvat. 

But why the white knighting for the female official? Not heard you doing it for male equivalent. I mean, it's you who is treating her differently then isn't it. Officials have always got abuse for their crap decisions (subjective). Your interpretation of them is no more valid than the next person. 

Why not enjoy the victory and stop trying to be the moral compass on every issue. 

I thought the throwing of sausage rolls was much worse, what a waste. 

im not “white knighting” her to coin your phrase. 

she had an average game. She was on the side closest to the wednesday fans so was going to come under more scrutiny. 

Some decisions were wrong. Some right. It’s part and parcel of the game. What she didn’t deserve was misogynistic chants aimed at her. 

its 2022 not 1982

• Like 6
  • Love 1