The incident with the female referees assistant

8 minutes ago, 123adam789 said:

What past of my post you have just responded to dont you understand. Must be something as all your replies do not make an ounce of common sense. then again not much on this site does. You are sounding as though this is a stock response to quite a few posts. Bit insulting a little like your mate 'ian'

Discuss the topic love - don't be getting personal with people 

Ta x

Owlstalk Shop

34 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Arguments over a piece of rolled up paper thrown at a lino and some wanting fans banned because of it. 

At one time we were throwing darts, coins, pool balls, apples, oranges, tomatoes and half an house brick at one another. 

Sorry for being stuck in 70s. lol

Yeah, it was basically like this, only with less people in the ground. Proper nawghty.

image.png.72b084c15f7aa7e8f6765157d4fecf86.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

I’m not apologising for anyone at all Ian. But here’s the problem, you say it’s definitely not ok to make fun of people because of their height ( a genetic trait). yet you are calling for people  to be banned from football for sexist abuse ( you said you didn’t hear and nobody has substantiated).

so when someone started a thread on here about Barry Bannans hight why weren’t you so vociferous in calling for that person to be banned from football? 

You seem to be attributing other peoples quotes to me - my main issue has been the throwing not the chanting. (And for the record I heard plenty of comments yesterday that if theyd have been aimed at a friend of mine would have ended with a bloody nose)

But......and this is what some people don't get.......some things are seen as less acceptable than others for a variety pf complex reasons that most of us, including me, aren't aware of or understand. Racism being the main one and sexist behaviour being another....we have to trust that those who suffer this abuse do understand and know what they are talking about

6 hours ago, ANDY said:

I heard several renditions of “ get yer titś out for the lads” aimed at her. 

Didn’t hear any other comments

I didn’t know what was thrown but that’s irrelevant, the fact that something was thrown is the crux of the matter. 

not sure about BAFC security systems but if they did have cctv in that area then it won’t be too hard to pinpoint the culprit, but as someone stated already a person was ejected after the incident. 

anyone condoning this incident or brushing it off as a nothing incident is part of the problem not the solution 

Now that's better. At last something I believe could have been shouted that hasn't been made up/fabricated by the easily triggered perpetually offended amongst us and looks to have come from a reliable source. (All the other tales I'm convinced have been made up to suit a narrative).

Throwing anything on the pitch or shouting sexist abuse at the Lino yesterday is just bang out of order and indefensible IMO of course. Shouting that she needs to get to @£$%^&* Specsavers and get her eyes tested, again IMO isn't and I'd like to think she'd go with that as well.

Ultimately of course, like with the fans on the pitch at Crewe (IIRC) it will see a reduction of available away tickets for our magnificent support. If we can't behave, we'll get punished.

Here’s a novel idea. 

if you wanna chuck summat at people wait til it’s village fete season and chuck wet sponges at someone in stocks 

if you wanna hear/chant racist/sexist/homophobic stuff then go and see chubby brown or search fir Bernard manning on you tube 

a football match is not the place for you 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Tbf that is the crux of it really.

I don't think our fans would have chucked something at the linesman if he was a white man, which is sad.

Like when the Forestieri goal against Brighton in the play offs was disallowed and a hot drink was hurled in the direction of the white linesman??

Your statement has been disproved. 
If a person has a certain “protected characteristic”  it doesn’t mean every single slight against them is based on that, that’s a lazy assumption. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ANDY said:

Here’s a novel idea. 

if you wanna chuck summat at people wait til it’s village fete season and chuck wet sponges at someone in stocks 

if you wanna hear/chant racist/sexist/homophobic stuff then go and see chubby brown or search fir Bernard manning on you tube 

a football match is not the place for you 

Bang on

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Oh god..

How tiresome are these ' didn't happen' posts after every single incident?

I don't know. You tell me. Just because someone says something happened doesn't really mean it actually did. If you thought that you'd be considered gullible. 

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. Winston Churchill.

• Like 1

Just now, Kelfin Platz said:

I don't know. You tell me. Just because someone says something happened doesn't really mean it actually did. If you thought that you'd be considered gullible. 

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. Winston Churchill.

Winston Churchill now?

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

22 minutes ago, Ian said:

You seem to be attributing other peoples quotes to me - my main issue has been the throwing not the chanting. (And for the record I heard plenty of comments yesterday that if theyd have been aimed at a friend of mine would have ended with a bloody nose)

But......and this is what some people don't get.......some things are seen as less acceptable than others for a variety pf complex reasons that most of us, including me, aren't aware of or understand. Racism being the main one and sexist behaviour being another....we have to trust that those who suffer this abuse do understand and know what they are talking about

You should be locked up after this "And for the record I heard plenty of comments yesterday that if theyd have been aimed at a friend of mine would have ended with a bloody nose"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

Arguments over a piece of rolled up paper thrown at a lino and some wanting fans banned because of it. 

At one time we were throwing darts, coins, pool balls, apples, oranges, tomatoes and half an house brick at one another. 

Sorry for being stuck in 70s. lol

They shouldn’t throw anything at all. What’s achieved by it?

Also ok so if they’re throwing a bit of paper then even if you hit someone there’s no harm done. But it’s not the point. Imagine you’re linesman and got your back to the crowd as you’re watching the game. How unsettling is it to know people are throwing things at you behind. You can’t know they will stop at just paper either.