The incident with the female referees assistant

13 minutes ago, 123adam789 said:

We and I mean the ones who I attract like a magnet in this thread all have own own opinions. Going round in circles spring to mind, so we are not getting very far. I'm sure there's no malice with any thread but to be honest I'm a little pissssed off with the childish comments coming from seasoned campaigners who I use to show a little respect.to. I now see them as something I have trod in whilst walking my dog. So to that end I'll not comment further on this post as its difficult to educate pork. 

Oh dear (part II)

Maybe stay off the booze mate

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

16 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Wouldn’t Accrington have an argument for the game being replayed as it was such a pivotal moment ?.

No..kicking the ball away didn’t make the pen taker miss the penalty...why on earth would the elf sanction the game to be replayed?

2 minutes ago, The coach said:

No..kicking the ball away didn’t make the pen taker miss the penalty...why on earth would the elf sanction the game to be replayed?

I don't think they would even if a player was headbutted to be fair

I just dont' think they'd replay games for stuff like that too often

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, The coach said:

They wouldn’t…..I think they have all gone in to hibernation until about October to be honest. Unless there’s a few still knocking about tidying up from Christmas 21……you might get one of those to sanction it

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, 123adam789 said:

We and I mean the ones who I attract like a magnet in this thread all have own own opinions. Going round in circles spring to mind, so we are not getting very far. I'm sure there's no malice with any thread but to be honest I'm a little pissssed off with the childish comments coming from seasoned campaigners who I use to show a little respect.to. I now see them as something I have trod in whilst walking my dog. So to that end I'll not comment further on this post as its difficult to educate pork. 

You are the only gammon on this thread 😉

The nurse will be round soon to put you to bed, best get yourself ready.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, The coach said:

We’d be going crackers if it happened to us.

God only knows what would happen if Liverpool were on the wrong end of it .

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, The coach said:

After that fan had run on the pitch and put the penalty taker off, what the ref at Rotherham should have done is found some spurious reason to retake the penalty when Accrington missed. There is always some defender an inch inside the area. And if they missed it again, find the same reason again.

Then the fans would become self-policing if they thought this would harm the team's chances. As it was, he's been allowed to put off the penalty taker and helped his team win.

Same with the assistant ref yesterday, basically I wouldn't blame her for wanting to give every 50/50 decision Burton's way after that.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

After that fan had run on the pitch and put the penalty taker off, what the ref at Rotherham should have done is found some spurious reason to retake the penalty when Accrington missed. There is always some defender an inch inside the area. And if they missed it again, find the same reason again.

Then the fans would become self-policing if they thought this would harm the team's chances. As it was, he's been allowed to put off the penalty taker and helped his team win.

Same with the assistant ref yesterday, basically I wouldn't blame her for wanting to give every 50/50 decision Burton's way after that.

It's definitely been done at Sunday League level I can assure you. 

Not for a fan on the pitch, obviously, but a referee (who shall remain nameless) once had a penalty retaken twice for an even minor reason!!

1 hour ago, sage owl said:

Wouldn’t Accrington have an argument for the game being replayed as it was such a pivotal moment ?.

John Coleman wanted the referee to abandon the match when it happened. Don't know if they would be able lodge an appeal to the EFL.

What if Accrington get relegated by one point? We could have a Wycombe/Derby scenario, where they sue Rotherham. Also if Rotherham get promoted with a point or two more than the 3rd place team who fail to be promoted. Perhaps that team could also sue just as Middlesbrough are doing with Derby.

56 minutes ago, The coach said:

A crucial last minute penalty to draw the game. It was bound to have affected the kicker. Would anybody after being attacked by a fan like that be able to put it out of their mind and carry on as though nothing has happened?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

TBF she did.

Bannan wrestled and dumped off the pitch less than 3 mts. from where she was and waved it away.

Exact same incident (not as aggressive) minutes later the other way and waved for a foul.

Assistant referees are only human and abuse their way has an effect (rightly or wrongly).

Much the same as things thrown onto the pitch, no matter what it is, directed at them or not.

Whilst I understand frustration caused by dubious decisions, it can be counter productive (rightly or wrongly).

• Like 1