The incident with the female referees assistant

14 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Seems to be some absolute idiots going to away games at the minute. Not all the ones that go are like that obviously. 

Eh..at the minute...kin ell.

I suppose you ain't old enough to remember the 70's 80's....

In fact are you old enough to remember the 90's, noughties and the 2010's.

Fooookin ell the world has gone truely mad.

🤪

34 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I don't think so, Ian is a typical keyboard warrior. I think he would have difficulty fighting his way out of a wet paper bag ! 

At least Ian was at the game and no more than 15 yards from the person who was removed 10 minutes before the end of the game by Burton security staff following their review of the CCTV .

I presume you were not there NEV ,

so who is the keyboard warrior

Edited by pahowl
  • Like 1

Things shouldnt be thrown,apart from anything else its plain childish,but much worse has been thrown in the past and we should thank our lucky stars we havnt as yet seen a return to the 70s etc where football hooliganism was rife..

Both our Sheffield Clubs have 'Firms' and its inevitable that bad behaviour will rear its ugly head at some point...

Its FOOTBALL crowds wont sit and politely applaud return of serve like at Wimbledon....

Generally with the large numbers involved compared to previous Years i dont think we do too bad at matches..

Lets not look at a childish  irritation and turn it into something else....

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I don't think so, Ian is a typical keyboard warrior. I think he would have difficulty fighting his way out of a wet paper bag ! 

Funny that Nev cus you never made comments anywhere near that on the occasions that you've been stood 2 feet away talking to me.

But just to clarify - if someone said " you f****n *****" to my wife or even a female friend of mine in front of me then yes, there would be consequences.

Report me to the Police if you feel i should be locked up

Edited by Ian

1 minute ago, reggae said:

No problem in home end with all the ruffians.

Looks like it's the priority point crew that cause all the problems. 🤣🤣

Plus. 

Andy in " trying to get wednesday fans arrested "shocker. 

i wondered when you’d pipe up. 

did you see me in spoons yesterday ?  If so why didn’t you say hello. 

21 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

There’s no excuse for chucking stuff at the officials. Sooner or later this shît will get us banned from away grounds. Knock it on the head please!

Or as was threatened yesterday,  the ref abandons the game, we concede the points and get a huge fine. 

Seems like football fans behaviour is going backwards. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xploreowl said:

Like when the Forestieri goal against Brighton in the play offs was disallowed and a hot drink was hurled in the direction of the white linesman??

Your statement has been disproved. 
If a person has a certain “protected characteristic”  it doesn’t mean every single slight against them is based on that, that’s a lazy assumption. 

Come off it mate, we all know it was chucked in her direction because she was a woman not because she had made a mistake (at that point she hadn't he mistakes came afterwards)

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Ian said:

Funny that Nev cus you never made comments anywhere near that on the occasions that you've been stood 2 feet away talking to me.

But just to clarify - if someone said " you f****n *****" to my wife or even a female friend of mine in front of me then yes, there would be consequences.

Report me to the Police if you feel i should be locked up

Listen to yourself ? Feeling daft yet.

13 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Come off it mate, we all know it was chucked in her direction because she was a woman not because she had made a mistake (at that point she hadn't he mistakes came afterwards)

No we don’t, things like this happen to people of all characteristics at football matches and in  life in general.  Sweeping generalisations are as lazy and as ignorant as that the people who do engage in discriminatory behaviour, 

simple. 

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nothing stokes up people than telling them they shouldn't really be throwing stuff at officials or shouting mysoginistic chants at females eh

Didn't someone once get off on a racist chanting charge because the accused was the only person (Shouting) .'. it doesn't constitute a chant ?

32 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Don't be bloody ridiculous , how do you know it was because she was a woman ? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nothing stokes up people than telling them they shouldn't really be throwing stuff at officials or shouting mysoginistic chants at females eh

How come we never get upset when male lines assistant, refs get chanted at?  Or Goalkeeper, you fat ******* aghhh. 

Are you the white knight coming to rescue the damsel in distress?  How sexist is that?

Either they can all get slagged off or no one can.  Not just a chosen few

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

How come we never get upset when male lines assistant, refs get chanted at?  Or Goalkeeper, you fat ******* aghhh. 

Are you the white knight coming to rescue the damsel in distress?  How sexist is that?

Either they can all get slagged off or no one can.  Not just a chosen few

Wow