The incident with the female referees assistant

20 hours ago, Spion Kop said:

I was in the stand and never heard any unsavoury chanting mate.

Heard someone say they loved her nail varnish, should they get banned too?

Don't agree with any official getting silver foil thrown at them either but never saw the ref have a word with their officials after our 2nd goal when their fans threw a yellow flare onto the pitch near our goalie?

I enjoyed the game yesterday and also contributing with several posts about this subject whilst on my way home.Today after hearing that the individual was ejected for this action, in my opinion was the  correct one. If it had been a golf ball or a bottle as an example that he had thrown, then yes I believe a ban would be correct.

This person may have woken up this morning and thought what a prat he was and may even send an apology to the official, who knows.

I was at Hillsborough when fans threw snowballs at Pat Jennings and other games when seat cushions got thrown from the canterlever stand, I dont believe they had any intention of harming anyone just like the fan yesterday in my opinion.

I wonder if another ref would have picked up the foil ball, spoke to the stewards and asked them to investigate the matter, in my opinion this would have dealt with this particular incident.

In the 1st half the official missed a clear offside and fans including me made her aware of it, just like our coaching staff did.I didn't hear any comments any differant to what a male official would get and if there had being derogatory ones from a fan near me, I wouldn't have a problem speaking to any individual. Likewise if someone doesn't feel comfortable with something that is said then chat to a steward.

Before the game when the officials were warming up near us, mate noticed her black nail varnish, so glad he didn't comment to her " love your nails love", could have being thrown out because she didn't like being called "love".

Wonder how many posters on here would class " love" as a derogatory comment, seems to be a few I think.

If fans get a ban for comments to officials then clubs should also look at their coaching staff, Lee Boyer on friday night as an example, shouldn't coach's show more respect and set an example.

Oh and if you don't like my comments or sense of humour, I'm sure you'll be posting but remember I was one of them 60s kids, who loved taking the Shoreham and Tivoli end and watched Love they Neigbour and mum got me dressed up for a school play as as Al Jolson, mammy how I love you mammy.

Anyway time to go, just noticed the wife nodding whilst I'm watching the Forest game, idle cow, dishwasher and hoovering needs doing.

EBRA

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Spion Kop said:

Oh and if you don't like my comments or sense of humour, I'm sure you'll be posting but remember I was one of them 60s kids, who loved taking the Shoreham and Tivoli end and watched Love they Neigbour and mum got me dressed up for a school play as as Al Jolson, mammy how I love you mammy. 

side-eye-chloe.jpg

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, Spion Kop said:

I enjoyed the game yesterday and also contributing with several posts about this subject whilst on my way home.Today after hearing that the individual was ejected for this action, in my opinion was the  correct one. If it had been a golf ball or a bottle as an example that he had thrown, then yes I believe a ban would be correct.

This person may have woken up this morning and thought what a prat he was and may even send an apology to the official, who knows.

I was at Hillsborough when fans threw snowballs at Pat Jennings and other games when seat cushions got thrown from the canterlever stand, I dont believe they had any intention of harming anyone just like the fan yesterday in my opinion.

I wonder if another ref would have picked up the foil ball, spoke to the stewards and asked them to investigate the matter, in my opinion this would have dealt with this particular incident.

In the 1st half the official missed a clear offside and fans including me made her aware of it, just like our coaching staff did.I didn't hear any comments any differant to what a male official would get and if there had being derogatory ones from a fan near me, I wouldn't have a problem speaking to any individual. Likewise if someone doesn't feel comfortable with something that is said then chat to a steward.

Before the game when the officials were warming up near us, mate noticed her black nail varnish, so glad he didn't comment to her " love your nails love", could have being thrown out because she didn't like being called "love".

Wonder how many posters on here would class " love" as a derogatory comment, seems to be a few I think.

If fans get a ban for comments to officials then clubs should also look at their coaching staff, Lee Boyer on friday night as an example, shouldn't coach's show more respect and set an example.

Anyway time to go, just noticed the wife nodding whilst I'm watching the Forest game, idle cow, dishwasher and hoovering needs doing.

EBRA

Would you approve of your grandkids been dressed up as Al Jolson and let them watch Love thy neighbour?  Taking the Shoreham and Tivoli is acceptable though