11 years ago today- A depressing night

13 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Wednesday 2-2 Nine Man Yevoil

Just remember trudging out after the game not knowing if I was more embarassed or angry.

Shocking.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/9369744.stm

I remember really enjoying that game. Sure we were poo but we had a good laugh about it. We'd just survived near destruction as a club, so just being at football was brill. 
If I am remembering it right, weren't it the game where we could sit in the away end and reda johnson vomitted on the pitch? 
Singing songs taking the ******** out of ourselves and being a proper "away" home crowd, loved it.

10 minutes ago, Owl-about-that-then said:

I remember really enjoying that game. Sure we were poo but we had a good laugh about it. We'd just survived near destruction as a club, so just being at football was brill. 
If I am remembering it right, weren't it the game where we could sit in the away end and reda johnson vomitted on the pitch? 
Singing songs taking the ******** out of ourselves and being a proper "away" home crowd, loved it.

Talk about rose tinted specs! lol 

31 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Wednesday 2-2 Nine Man Yevoil

Just remember trudging out after the game not knowing if I was more embarassed or angry.

Shocking.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/9369744.stm

No ambition Brentford down in 17th place, wonder what happened to them and the teams at the top for that matter too 

• Like 2

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

Talk about rose tinted specs! lol 

Life is what you make of it, I'd be a reyt miserable sod if I couldn't still have fun when wednesday were being poo , that'd be most of my life buggered right there.

Honestly though, those few seasons in league 1 there are some of my favourite memories. We were so crap but at least where I was sat we just made our own fun. The days of the radiator and taking the ******** out of mellor's "Physique" and our own fans. Living abroad now I miss that, it just feels a bit sad to take the ******** out of people alone watching ifollow... lol 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mollymae's Dad said:

Noticed the title, clicked on the chat…..could of been one of a million depressing nights, didn’t think it was this one!

Indeed, at least we got a draw.  As Moore said as a pundit at the time, Yeovil are a wonderful team and it was a tough game for the owls.  But that they need to go again next time