Conceding too many goals

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, we are conceding way too many goals - we can’t be in a position where we need to score 3/4 every week to win. The "wingbacks” don’t get back and leave the three very exposed. Can’t understand why Moore can’t see this - the questions are building for me. We need to either switch to 4 at the back or for the wingers to actually get back. We are basically playing with three in defense and one of them is out of position - the other team just exploit the wide space week in, week out. Away at a good side it’s only going to result in poor results.

dont think its the system its that the three arent centre halfs , one centre half, one left wing back one right full back. What we need is a manager who understands defending, maybe some body who spent their career as a centre half ! 

If only we had a couple of fit centre halfs like Brennan and storey that the manager could have chosen.   !

fizz off Moore you useless fool !

• Like 2

Yep. 

11 from 4 games. We don’t set up to defend. We place our entire game on attack. We leave our make shift back 3 constantly isolated and unprotected. 

Moore’s WBA side were very similar. Always scoring but always conceding. 

Regardless of whether it’s playing three at the back or the personnel (agree that this clearly contributing), I have never known us play this formation and the wingbacks offer so little cover - they are basically playing as wingers but we are not using our numbers in midfield to good effect either. Do other teams play this system and leave the three at the back so exposed? 

We’ve looked weak from crosses from the start he went to 3 at the back? Thought we looked very defensively right start of the season with hunt,hutch,iorfa,palmer as back four? Yes we didn’t look like scoring many either at the start but thought that when our attacking players were back we’d be ok( windass,shodipo,corbeanu) we had one bad result think it was morecombe? When we should have won , and changed it to current system despite lacking enough cb to play it? Yesterday should have brought new lad on and put Johnson to wb when NML went off ? I’ve only seen one game ( last week) where the players have looked comfortable with the system.Always gone give chances and goals away with a full back and left winger/wing back playing in a back three were heading the ball ain’t their strong point 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Irrespective of what formation we play at the back, we need at least one of them to be capable of winning the ball in the air.

We’ll new lad supposed to be pretty strong in that department? Still can’t believe he didn’t bring him on yesterday? And pity we didn’t sign batth cus least we know he will put his head on it?

Maybe if we went back to 352 instead of playing 334 and used wing BACKS instead of wannabe strikers, we wouldn't be getting 80085 crosses in per game.

Teams have been doing it for a while now, target Hunt, wait for his inevitable hospital pass, run past him while he makes a half arsed challenge then stops to watch, then take your time to put a ball (over anyone in the defence who knows how to head it) to the back post where it's just Johnson or whichever poor sod that's this week's cameo at LWB left to defend.

It's happened time and time again.

17 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Would probably help if we played actual defenders. 

cant make it up signs a defender who has played 80 games at a higher level in last 2 years ,we cant defend at all 3 days training and manager wants at least another week before he will consider him . how much longer do we have to put up with darren moore ,yet another sunday that i dont want to watch the football league show 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mick70 said:

We’ve looked weak from crosses from the start he went to 3 at the back? Thought we looked very defensively right start of the season with hunt,hutch,iorfa,palmer as back four? Yes we didn’t look like scoring many either at the start but thought that when our attacking players were back we’d be ok( windass,shodipo,corbeanu) we had one bad result think it was morecombe? When we should have won , and changed it to current system despite lacking enough cb to play it? Yesterday should have brought new lad on and put Johnson to wb when NML went off ? I’ve only seen one game ( last week) where the players have looked comfortable with the system.Always gone give chances and goals away with a full back and left winger/wing back playing in a back three were heading the ball ain’t their strong point 

against plymouth as good as we were going forward i could see how easily we can be exposed at the back it looked like we were only playing 1 at the back with johnson and palmer pushed forward with luongo just in front of back 4.. karl robinson knew this and easily exploited us yesterday , darren moore is every opposing managers m8 if you listen to them this season everyone of them says darren is a good guy and friend of mine.. id sooner have a manager who an opposing manager hates .