Mendez-Laing

5 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

That is an opinion, it is also a lie when I consider what I have read since about 1956 !

How can a opinion be a lie? The local journos keep us well informed with accurate and quality writing.   They are not afraid of asking the tough questions nor are they afraid to voice the view of the club in the face of hostility from the fans. 

In the main they are well balanced articles and sometimes you agree with them and sometimes you don't.

The also have to sell copy, so you can't blame them for peppering up their headlines now and again.  Indeed they could learn from the master of that art form, from the very owner of this site.   He knows how to grab your attention without going to much over the top.

After all that, it's just tomorrows fish n chip wrapper.  For the younger pampered, mollycoddled, fawned over generations, yes fish n chips were wrapped in newspaper, if you know what newspaper is you can still see them in corner shops actual written words on paper about the goings on around the world.  Well, that's if you know what a shop is, you lot just press a button and Amazon are there at your door.

Bloody kids, I blame the parents and the internet.

I reckon Nev is a dinosaur.  

• Like 1

It always sounded like dodgey story and we really love them on here, but I personally think that the Star has maybe listened to potential readers and improved a lot on the reporting of Sheffield Wednesday stories recently.

They have even printed genuine news, before the internet sites and correctly, so they are bound to get the odd grenade thrown in, rather than a genuine titbit.

Maybe somebody was winding Alex up, which does happen from time to time (cough... Henfleet... cough)?