Mendez-Laing

1 minute ago, casbahowl said:

Kev …… I get you’re upset & angry ……… Anyone would be if their son drops an embarrassing ball at work……. Especially when he’s just moved in to sports journalism ……. It’s maybe just not for him!

Feel free to PM me 👍

Why do I need to pm you?

All a bit weird.

You are the one who got really angry at the article, Im defending a local journo from unfair abuse.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Why do I need to pm you?

All a bit weird.

You are the one who got really angry at the article, Im defending a local journo from unfair abuse.

He passed wrong information of as fact.

Of course it was a mistake and he doesn't deserve to be absused for it unfairly.

But he should most definitely be critiqued for it.

• Like 1

Mendez-Laing has made a decent career from football due to his undoubted talent.

However he’s always underachieved. He’s been frustrating because of his questionable attitude and unreliability.

So you can understand any club refusing to commit financially to him.

Surely it’s reasonable to offer him a short term “trial” contract?

Appreciate Mendez-Laing looks well worthy of a contract based on his recent performances, he’s clearly a good player

but bare in mind that it’s very possible that once he’s given some security of a long term contract his form will dip again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He passed wrong information of as fact.

Of course it was a mistake and he doesn't deserve to be absused for it unfairly.

But he should most definitely be critiqued for it.

I think its a case of just moving on tbh and I doubt he passed off incorrect information is any malicuous way. We all make honest mistakes in our jobs.

Joe crann seems to have his finger on the pulse ????? Anything in football can change in an instant contracts signed then players sold within weeks ( palmer to Leeds for one) deals agreed players has medicals then at last min another club comes in and away they go? Cb from arsenal to us few yrs back ? Journos take a gamble with wotever they get told ? Think loosing corbeanu other week really cheesed most of us off and the thought of the club messing up again fueled the fire even more than usual ? It’s done ,gone we move on

To be fair, after listening to DM's post match comments at the weekend, there was never any doubt that NML would still be here for a while. Summat about he's shown us what he can do and what he can offer us going forward or summat. That doesn't suggest he's off does it? 

• Like 1

We’re all so desperate for information out of our club.

It’s the club that tells us a lot less than we want to know & that’s down to the owner.

Fans turning on fans & fans turning on reporters is just born from frustration.

“I have seen the enemy and it is us”

Journo gets it wrong shock horror

Its not like they work for the club is it?

Give em a break.

Maybe the next bit of news they post will be correct, maybe it will be wide of the mark.

For official, 100% happening/ happened news, visit the official site (tho to be fair our site can be garbage)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ruscol85 said:

Journo gets it wrong shock horror

Its not like they work for the club is it?

Give em a break.

Maybe the next bit of news they post will be correct, maybe it will be wide of the mark.

For official, 100% happening/ happened news, visit the official site (tho to be fair our site can be garbage)

As I said earlier, this is the 2nd big thing they have got wrong in as many days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quickly Kevin said:

I think its a case of just moving on tbh and I doubt he passed off incorrect information is any malicuous way. We all make honest mistakes in our jobs.

Not really mate. I think if you make an error as big as that in any job you will expect criticism for the error. Honest mistake or not, own it and face the music.

I assume his editor will be giving him a talking too at some point regarding it as it is pretty poor.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Not really mate. I think if you make an error as big as that in any job you will expect criticism for the error. Honest mistake or not, own it and face the music.

I assume his editor will be giving him a talking too at some point regarding it as it is pretty poor.

His editor will do jack,,,If it sold copy and got hits

6 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

What his editor says is between them and Im sure he will know the full story of what happened.