Mendez-Laing

35 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

They pick up a TitBits and they run with it. They turn it into a crisis. They turn It into ads and it sells. They correct within hours, all is well.

Who are 'They' ?

They are the semi-professional journalists who feed off crumbs with no material News Paper to sell. Click bait is their business ! 

Is there really any need?

1 minute ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Is there really any need?

It's Nev. 

He's the Grandpa Simpson of this site. 

He will be ranting and raving about a donkey saving springbreak or how coins used to have bumble bees on them. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Alex Miller saying he spoke to a few separate sources and they all said the same about the contract. Some of the abuse he is getting is disgraceful. 

Completely agree. Either people told him the story, or he completely made it up, jeopardising his reputation, career and roof over his head. Clearly, he was told the story, he rightly reported it and reported it quickly, well done him. What is questionable, is who told him in the first place? It just didn’t seem to make any sense, why stir up poo like this?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NobbyStyle said:

We’re all so desperate for information out of our club.

It’s the club that tells us a lot less than we want to know & that’s down to the owner.

Fans turning on fans & fans turning on reporters is just born from frustration.

“I have seen the enemy and it is us”

I wonder how people managed when club news came in the Green Un once a week?

5 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

Sign of the times Rev.

Unfortunate that we require instant, as it’s happening stuff instead of hanging about on a Saturday evening in the newsagents talking about the game.

1 minute ago, NobbyStyle said:

Sign of the times Rev.

Unfortunate that we require instant, as it’s happening stuff instead of hanging about on a Saturday evening in the newsagents talking about the game.

I know it can't be helped but it leads to this endless speculation and repetition of the obvious.

The bonkers thing is people falling out over it on social media.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

I know it can't be helped but it leads to this endless speculation and repetition of the obvious.

The bonkers thing is people falling out over it on social media.

Agreed. I suppose by reporters speculating they are trying to avoid repetition and there’s their dilemma of what to publish?

38 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

I lived in Nottingham for a few years. My mother used to save the Green ‘un and mail them to me, roughly every 3 months. I would still read them, pretty much cover to cover, minus the piggy slop. Happy days 😀

1 minute ago, Pieman said:

I lived in Nottingham for a few years. My mother used to save the Green ‘un and mail them to me, roughly every 3 months. I would still read them, pretty much cover to cover, minus the piggy slop. Happy days 😀

That's what I'm saying.

Happy days 😃

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Alex Miller saying he spoke to a few separate sources and they all said the same about the contract. Some of the abuse he is getting is disgraceful. 

Everyone assumes it's a load of crap but what's to say the info wasn't correct. For all we know the club could have got the deal extended this morning and DM was advised to brush it off as a rumour. If it's come from separate sources there probably is some truth in it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, NobbyStyle said:

Sign of the times Rev.

How come the Green Un used to be on sale in Skegness before it got to the newsagents in Sheffield? 😂

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Pieman said:

Completely agree. Either people told him the story, or he completely made it up, jeopardising his reputation, career and roof over his head. Clearly, he was told the story, he rightly reported it and reported it quickly, well done him. What is questionable, is who told him in the first place? It just didn’t seem to make any sense, why stir up poo like this?

He had a few hours ago reported the exact opposite though which is what I don't get.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Everyone assumes it's a load of crap but what's to say the info wasn't correct. For all we know the club could have got the deal extended this morning and DM was advised to brush it off as a rumour. If it's come from separate sources there probably is some truth in it.

Alex Miller reported earlier in the day the deal was to end of the year 

Chances are he was correct 1st time wrong 2nd.