Are we on sky sports

1 hour ago, Joe Jockstrap said:

Sky at the moment are not worth the £84 per month that I’m forking put.

Hardly any matches on and no cricket, although that’s a blessing in itself.

They can shove any price rises in Feb.

£84 a month??!!

In Australia I pay $100 (£60) annually to be able to watch every PL game live if I so wanted 

3 minutes ago, robswfc said:

£84 a month??!!

In Australia I pay $100 (£60) annually to be able to watch every PL game live if I so wanted 

Yep, £48 for all Sky channels, tenner for a second box and £26 for Broadband. 

Renegotiate in Feb, if no substantial reduction I’ll go elsewhere.

To be honest it’s just pure laziness on my part, getting fed up with it now though, loads I know have Firesticks, seems to work ok too. 

2 hours ago, Joe Jockstrap said:

I kicked Sky into touch about 2 years ago and dont miss it. When I rang to cancel they kept offering me better and better deals. They hate losing customers. Try it Im certain you will get a much better deal. Good luck.

20 minutes ago, Joe Jockstrap said:

Yep, £48 for all Sky channels, tenner for a second box and £26 for Broadband. 

Renegotiate in Feb, if no substantial reduction I’ll go elsewhere.

To be honest it’s just pure laziness on my part, getting fed up with it now though, loads I know have Firesticks, seems to work ok too. 

Let me know if they offer you anything worth having cheers! Same boat

Sly very loud at mouthing off when they get things never mention anything when the lose things:

Champions League

La Liga

Evidvise (whatever) Dutch

Chinese Super League

Copa Del Ray

Italian super cup

The ashes

Just to name a few.

Best advice with Sky is always cancel then re sign up or threaten to cancel right to the end then they will offer you a discount.

• Like 1

Just now, helmut_rooster said:

Sly very loud at mouthing off when they get things never mention anything when the lose things:

Champions League

La Liga

Chinese Super League

Copa Del Ray

Italian super cup

The ashes

Just to name a few.

Best advice with Sky is always cancel then re sign up or threaten to cancel right to the end then they will offer you a discount.

Edit: of they say they cannot give you a discount ask to speak with someone who can then, they will either get you someone who can or they magically find you an "offer" available 👍

Guest LondonOwl313
8 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Champions League

La Liga

Chinese Super League

Copa Del Ray

Italian super cup

The ashes

Just to name a few.

Would imagine a lot of those things are seen as peripheral.. with champions league the main (English) games used to be on ITV then I assume the foreign ones on Sky before BT took them all. I can’t see the viewing figures being that high as everyone watches the English sides usually. 

The ashes I’ve watched some on BT and all of the usual sky team aren’t involved.. People like Hussain or Atherton who would go down now as cricket’s premier commentators. So I assume they’re still contracted to Sky and it’s only the away series they don’t have rights for otherwise I’d have expected them all to be leaving for BT

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, JoshTheOwl said:

broadband aside, NOWTV with boost allows up to 6 devices & watching at the same time 3 devices 

as long as you’ve got a decent broadband speed it’s a no brainer. Sky sports month package is 33.99 but there are various deals throughout the season, currently paying £20 a month. When that deal ends 9/10 there’s a similar deal or you say you’re leaving and they’ll offer you something 

Yeah it’s 20 quid for sports, 5 for the boost thing to do multi room, 10 for sky entertainment and think another 10 to do sky cinema. So that’s 45 quid a month for the majority of what I’d imagine most people would want to watch if doing through Now TV

Their coverage over the last 2 weeks has been non-existent they should give all theirs customers a refund. Who wants to watch darts and load of replays and highlights FFS.

Amazon 1 Sky Sports 0

2 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Their coverage over the last 2 weeks has been non-existent they should give all theirs customers a refund. Who wants to watch darts and load of replays and highlights FFS.

Amazon 1 Sky Sports 0

They've got NFL too, but that and a bit of Prem football is the only stuff I watch on Sky nowadays.* It does boil my pish that you'd need two or three separate subs (Sky, BT, maybe Amazon) to get what you could have for one sub a decade ago. Same with films, given the amount of stuff that's now off Sky and only on Disney +

(esp. given that BT Sports started off as a free service for BT broadband/landline customers).

*Sky in March with no NFL, no Champs League, not much L1 and Prem possibly turning into a procession is going to be a tough sell for them. 

Like a few others have said, let the subscription run down and you'll get a desperation offer from Sky a week or two before your contract is due to expire. Probably best to ring up to cancel just in case Sky are doing a contract auto-renew...

1 minute ago, Dooogs said:

They've got NFL too, but that and a bit of Prem football is the only stuff I watch on Sky nowadays.* It does boil my pish that you'd need two or three separate subs (Sky, BT, maybe Amazon) to get what you could have for one sub a decade ago. Same with films, given the amount of stuff that's now off Sky and only on Disney +

(esp. given that BT Sports started off as a free service for BT broadband/landline customers).

*Sky in March with no NFL, no Champs League, not much L1 and Prem possibly turning into a procession is going to be a tough sell for them. 

Like a few others have said, let the subscription run down and you'll get a desperation offer from Sky a week or two before your contract is due to expire. Probably best to ring up to cancel just in case Sky are doing a contract auto-renew...

No Baseball, speedway and lots of others that have quietly slipped away,,,,,,,,,,,