Gurujuan January 2022 Transfer Window MEGATHREAD

21 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

My initial reaction was that I’d be happy with Dean, but if you look at the replies to the tweet it’s full of Brum fans who can’t wait to be shot of him.

Talk of him being a liability, bad dressing room influence etc.

He’s been transfer listed for months apparently so may well be a permanent move we’re looking at. Risky.

Any idea what the dog story they refer to is? 

19 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Having had a look on Transfermarkt, don’t know how long he’s actually been transfer listed as he started the season playing every game as captain, but he was dropped in November and hasn’t been in the squad at all for their last six games.

Screenshot_20220125-174928_Brave.jpg.ff5df05e566ecb33589e4a4096e08717.jpg

Looks like that's working out well for them.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Be very happy with Dean. Commanding CB we are desperate for. Can imagine he’s on big wages though and apparently QPR are interested also. 

Yeh, he is a commanding centre half 

But, at the risk of been a bit ‘negative’ I think another centre half coming in just confirms to me that Moore is 100% set on a back three, and I absolutely cannot accept this system until we actually have some wing backs at the club

I don’t see his reasoning behind persisting with it,  and it’s totally under using the talent of players like NML and Marvin Johnson (who actually is a good footballer) 

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

not sure how reliable he is but looks like he called the Storey deal before it happened. 

Likes to think he's way more credible than he actually is. He picks up scraps of info from sleazing some players. Chansiri despises him though apparently.

1 hour ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

My initial reaction was that I’d be happy with Dean, but if you look at the replies to the tweet it’s full of Brum fans who can’t wait to be shot of him.

He’s been transfer listed for months apparently so may well be a permanent move we’re looking at. Risky.

Liability? ✅ 

Bad Egg? ✅ 

Transfer listed for moths without interest from any other club? ✅ 

No volume in the legs? ✅

Championship wages? ✅ 

Welcome to DCs wonderful world of

fookwittery Harlee Dean. 

44042344-2D88-48DC-9D2F-66F2E7BA4A99.jpeg

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

But, at the risk of been a bit ‘negative’ I think another centre half coming in just confirms to me that Moore is 100% set on a back three, and I absolutely cannot accept this system until we actually have some wing backs at the club

I don’t see his reasoning behind persisting with it,  and it’s totally under using the talent of players like NML and Marvin Johnson (who actually is a good footballer) 

Agree and if we come up against a team with out and out wingers, we'll get shafted playing a back 3.

• Like 1

Another player that would demand very high wages for situation We are in, with poor reputation and at wrong age of 30.

At best just another expensive short term fix.

How about starting to build a side with more than next 6 months in mind and starting to use Chansiri's money wisely ?!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Nailed it....

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, malek said:

Another player that would demand very high wages for situation We are in, with poor reputation and at wrong age of 30.

How about starting to build a side with more than next 6 months in mind and starting to use Chansiri's money wisely ?!

Whilst I agree, we are hamstrung at the minute by our transfer restrictions. Building a side for the future is difficult to do on loan and free transfers alone. Hopefully when the restrictions are removed in the summer we can start buying some of these promising young players you keep mentioning and begin to build a proper side for the next few years.

• Like 1

Guest Mcguigan
3 hours ago, swfc1983 said:

He’d be the commanding centre back we are missing not sure wether another loan would suit though, maybe agree a release of contract and permanent deal like Baath?

When you say commanding centre back, what do you mean?

What qualities would he bring to SWFC?

27 minutes ago, malek said:

Well, I agree to a certain extent but squads aren't built in January. January is sticking plaster time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

1 hour ago, Suzuki_San said:

How does any fan know of his behaviour in the dressing room?

If this site accurately reflects what fans actually know about players attitudes, bad influence etc I reckon i'll just leave it to DM's judgement.

11 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

When you say commanding centre back, what do you mean?

What qualities would he bring to SWFC?

Hopefully when the other team crosses the ball he will head it away rather than watch the attacker put it in the net. Our defending from set pieces is diabolical so at the very least you hope with his experience he will bring some organisation.

• Like 1

Hope we get him in, can’t see us being able to sign him permanently at the end of his loan, can imagine his wages are very high. Moore needs to start thinking about what players he wants us to sign permanently and build the team around. It’s ridiculous that we will have 8 loan players in the squad. 

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Hope we get him in, can’t see us being able to sign him permanently at the end of his loan, can imagine his wages are very high. Moore needs to start thinking about what players he wants us to sign permanently and build the team around. It’s ridiculous that we will have 8 loan players in the squad. 

Why are we loaning players🤫