Sheffield Wednesday V Hartlepool United - PJT 2nd Rnd - OMDT

37 minutes ago, George said:

Is anyone able to explain the format? Is this the last sixteen or the last 32?

The eight winners and eight runners-up from each group will progress to the knockout stage. The round of 32 ties will be determined by a draw, with the winner of a group drawn at home against a runner up of a group from the same region but not the same original group.

A round of 16 will take place via an unseeded draw but still on a regionalised basis.

From the quarter-finals onwards, there will be no regionalisation, meaning clubs from the Northern section can face those from the Southern section in the last eight and beyond.

The dates for the knockout stages are to be confirmed but the final is set to take place at Wembley on Sunday April 3, 2022

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Owlsbury said:

The eight winners and eight runners-up from each group will progress to the knockout stage. The round of 32 ties will be determined by a draw, with the winner of a group drawn at home against a runner up of a group from the same region but not the same original group.

A round of 16 will take place via an unseeded draw but still on a regionalised basis.

From the quarter-finals onwards, there will be no regionalisation, meaning clubs from the Northern section can face those from the Southern section in the last eight and beyond.

The dates for the knockout stages are to be confirmed but the final is set to take place at Wembley on Sunday April 3, 2022

If there are eight winners and eight runners up then how are there thirty two teams?

Or is it eight groups in the north and eight in the south?

8 minutes ago, George said:

If there are eight winners and eight runners up then how are there thirty two teams?

Or is it eight groups in the north and eight in the south?

Google Papa John's Trophy and all the results and fixtures are there. Hope it helps. 

1 hour ago, robowl4life said:

Don’t even know what’s what with this pizza cup… round 2… how many rounds after this? 
And do we get free pizza??

2 knockout rounds before the QF. Then we get mixed with the southerners. Softies that they are. Customarily there are three games from the QF to the final (though who knows with this poo.) 
I looked this up on Wikipedia (I have no general knowledge of this competition, like most of us). 

• Thanks 1

Not bothered and really really don't care..... Buuuut if we get to the final can I have your ticket please?? 😎  Seriously tho, its actually serving its purpose to keep fringe or even full squad players ticking over so surely that can't be a bad thing... Especially the way DM likes everyone to get game time... Berahino hat trick - Owls 4-1!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

anyone know what the crack is with the ticket office tonight? Got to pick my tickets up from there, is it open until kick off or is it a normal day and closes around 4/5pm?

You'll pick them up from the little portacabin ticket office behind the South stand. Usually, you don't have to wait as one of the stewards/staff has them all in his hand and you just give him your surname. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

You'll pick them up from the little portacabin ticket office behind the South stand. Usually, you don't have to wait as one of the stewards/staff has them all in his hand and you just give him your surname. 

in the car park where the players park? season ticket is on the north that's all so haven't ventured round to the posh side for a while

8 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

perfect cheers pal, don't finish work while 6 so no time to get to the ticket office during the day if it closes at 4 ish. Thought it might stay open until kick off

I always get mine this way because the games don't load onto my membership card like they used to. If we go on the north you get em from the gate to the left of the shop. I'll be getting wrapped up tonight, last game I nearly froze to death. Have a good un.