Tha Team Versus Harrogate

I've got no idea of the rules about how many players need to play and all that rounduns. Here would be mine:-

Wildsmith

Hunt

Agbontohoma

Dunkley

Brown

Byers

FDB

Luongo

Shodipo

Berahino

Sow

Gives a fair few of them a rest. We basically have no CBs so that kid from Southampton can come in. Would like to give Dunkley a rest but I dunno if we have anybody else. Would be captain if he does play and Bannan doesn't.

Presuming Luongo and Byers are fit since they were on the bench at Plymouth.

Berahino to give Kamberi and Gregory a rest.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Willie Henderson said:

I agree, with our current inability to look after players, Hutch, Luongo, Iorfa, Byers, Windass, Uncle Tom Cobley etc, I think we need to bend rules as much as possible and rest as many as we can.

We've got to stop breaking players.

I rather think many are broken before they come here - we merely aid the rebreaking....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We’re already through aren’t we? Might as well play as many kids as we can get away with playing, no point risking first teamers for a dead rubber when we’re playing 2 games a week for the rest of November. No idea what the rules are about playing a certain number of first team players etc

• Like 3

EFL clubs must have at least four 'qualifying' outfield players in their line-ups, with players needing to meet these requirements:

Any player who started the previous or following first-team fixture

Any player who is in the top 10 players at the club who have made the most starting appearances in league and domestic cup competitions that season

Any player with 40 or more first-team appearances in their career

Any player on loan from a Premier League club or any EFL 'Category One' academy club

A club can play any eligible goalkeeper in the competition

• Thanks 2

Just now, beswetherick said:

EFL clubs must have at least four 'qualifying' outfield players in their line-ups, with players needing to meet these requirements:

Any player who is in the top 10 players at the club who have made the most starting appearances in league and domestic cup competitions that season

Any player on loan from a Premier League club or any EFL 'Category One' academy club

Could start with a few recognised first teamers & sub them early on then? 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fudge27 said:

3-4-3

Wildsmith

Agbontahoma 

Thompson 

Palmer

Hunt

Byers (Luongo to get 2nd half) 

Dele Bisharu 

Brown

Shodipo 

Adedoyin 

Sow

We've already qualified for next stage, so this is pretty close for me. If DM is insisting on playing 3 at the back then we should do it in every game rather than confuse players. Might have to change one, possibly two of the above as i'm not sure it quite meets the criteria (4 players starting on Saturday, or next game, 40 first team appearances, or top 10 starters this season). Have Wildsmith or Shodipo started 40 games?

Great opportunity to give Agbontahoma some 1st team experience. We might be needing him in the coming weeks. 

4 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Could start with a few recognised first teamers & sub them early on then? 👍

The Megson special!

I’d be looking to put some of the older U23s like Agbontohoma, Adedoyin, etc in from the start and maybe younger lads like Cademarteri and Davidson on the bench

• Like 2

Think we have to stick with the formation that has served us well in the last 2 games. 

……………………………….Wildsmith

….……Agbontahoma…..Dunks…….Palmer

Hunt……..Fizz………Luongo…….Byers………Brown

…………………..Bera…………….Sow

• Like 3

So you have a player that satisfies none of the other criteria and didn't start the previous game and is supposed to be one of the qualifying players but he gets injured and can't start the next game.

What happens? What proof of injury do you need?

What sanctions can they bring?

3 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

So you have a player that satisfies none of the other criteria and didn't start the previous game and is supposed to be one of the qualifying players but he gets injured and can't start the next game.

What happens? What proof of injury do you need?

What sanctions can they bring?

This one did it for me:

Any player with 40 or more first-team appearances in their career

26 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Believe it or not, these criteria mean we can pay almost any combination of players we like without breaking the rules.

Ideal opportunity to get some minutes into the players coming back.

Wildsmith

Palmer

Dunkley

Brown

Hunt

Luongo

Byers

Adeniran

Shodipo

Sow

Berahino

I think Dele-Bashiru will be in line to play on Saturday, so wouldn't risk him starting the game. Get some minutes into Berahino (who clearly needs it), Shodipo, Sow and Brown, all who haven't featured much lately.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Think we have to stick with the formation that has served us well in the last 2 games. 

……………………………….Wildsmith

….……Agbontahoma…..Dunks…….Palmer

Hunt……..Fizz………Luongo…….Byers………Brown

…………………..Bera…………….Sow

Agree, if that's how we are playing in league games, makes sense to give reserve players opportunity to get used to the system. 

With regard to team, I'd be tempted to rest Dunkley, as our only recognised fit CB, expect Brennan to play now he has been recalled. 

I'd also give Shodipo a game as he has looked off the pace  since his return from injury and needs game time. 

Good game to get some minutes into Luongo and Byers too. 

• Like 3