Matt Penney

3 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Was really highly rated, but we messed up his development. 

Swapping and changing him around when he first broke into the first team. 

Don't really get the laons in place till the German one and he just never kicked on here.

Maybe needed the move to give him a kick up the backside and new enthusiasm that had been waning here. 

Tbf we sent him on loan twice to lower leagues (before St Pauli) and they didn’t rate him enough to play him either 

21 minutes ago, Charles Clegg said:

Excellent footballer, model professional but not a great defender. 

Owls fortunate to beat Brighton over 2 legs as very vulnerable down the left with Pudil often out of position. 

Nonsense

He was a good LB

Far better than Fox who really only looked comfortable in a back 3

• Like 5

3 hours ago, FranksanOwl said:

To be fair he is not doing much at Ipswich. He was an unused sub this week. I don’t think he is good enough. The mistake isn’t offering him a new contract but not replacing him and Morgan Fox with a decent left back. Unless that was supposed to have been Jayden Brown but he’s far from convincing.

lucky lad he was an unused sub , ive never seen an away end which was packed with so much anger . support was slagging players off big time ,players were arguing with supporters , 2 players were scrapping with ipswich supports . we have it bad but my god not like they have . 

13 hours ago, McRightSide said:

This is a Matt Penney thread

I posted a fact about Matt Penney

If you don’t like it, this probably isn’t the thread for you

Or...........just answer the question.........................we all have players we rate / don`t rate , your opinions on Penney go way past that and always have done.

1 hour ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Or...........just answer the question.........................we all have players we rate / don`t rate , your opinions on Penney go way past that and always have done.

No he didn’t bully me at school 

I don’t rate him - I think he’s lucky to have a contract at level for as long as he has done. 

Better for you? Just because you disagree (maybe you’re another one of his family members on here) doesn’t mean my opinion ‘goes way beyond that’

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Charles Clegg said:

Excellent footballer, model professional but not a great defender. 

Owls fortunate to beat Brighton over 2 legs as very vulnerable down the left with Pudil often out of position. 

Bit harsh on pudil I remember watching the away trip to Brighton and I can’t actually say I’ve seen a more one sided game that the other team won 

Brighton was obscene that night totally outplayed us how we come away with anything still puzzles me 

I don’t think any team could have coped with them that day abs somehow we came away with the win 

3 hours ago, McRightSide said:

No he didn’t bully me at school 

I don’t rate him - I think he’s lucky to have a contract at level for as long as he has done. 

Better for you? Just because you disagree (maybe you’re another one of his family members on here) doesn’t mean my opinion ‘goes way beyond that’

You don`t rate him...............fair enough , but I stand by my assumption.